Colombia Cards and PaymentsOpportunities and Risks to 2024
- October 2020
- 54 pages
GlobalDatas 'Colombia Cards and Payments - Opportunities and Risks to 2024' report provides detailed analysis of market trends in Colombias cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, cards, direct debits, and cheques during the review-period (2016-20e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2020e-24f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers detailed regulatory policies and recent changes in regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into Colombia's cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in Colombias cards and payments industry, including debit and credit cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, cards, direct debits, and cheques. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis .
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing Colombias cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit and credit cards.
- To further promote electronic payments, instant payments were introduced in Colombia. In the last quarter of 2019, open banking solutions provider Minka partnered with ACH Colombia to launch Transfiya. Transfiya is a blockchain-based instant payment solution that enables Colombians to transfer money in seconds using the recipient's mobile phone number, via the senders mobile banking app or internet banking platform. The solution - which is offered by nine financial institutions - operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, with a daily transfer limit of COP250,000 ($76.19). As of early August 2020 the service had recorded 458,000 transactions worth COP47bn ($14.32m) since launch.
- There is a growing preference for digital banking in Latin American markets, including Colombia. In January 2020, Superintendencia Financiera de Colombia approved the launch of digital bank Lulo. The bank is owned by Gilex Holdings Group, and was expected to launch in June 2020. However, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the launch has been postponed. Previously, in March 2016 Bancolombia introduced its digital-only bank Nequi. Using the banks app, consumers are offered a debit card and can conduct basic financial tasks including fund transfers, cash withdrawals at ATMs, and QR code-based in-store payments. As of May 2019 the bank had over 1 million users.
- The rising adoption of contactless payments during the review period drove overall card payments. To capitalize on this, banks such as Bancolombia, Banco de Bogot, and BBVA all offer contactless cards. According to a survey conducted by Visa in April 2020, contactless payment volume increased by over 20% in April compared to the previous month. To further boost contactless payments, banks are offering contactless stickers. In February 2019, Bancolombia launched a payment sticker allowing users to make contactless payments of up to COP100,000 ($30.48) without needing to enter a PIN.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to Colombias cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in Colombias cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in Colombias cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Colombia.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing Colombias cards and payments industry.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Banking
Financial ServicesConsumers And The Economic Outlook - US - January 2020