Colombia Baby Food, 2020
- September 2020
- 135 pages
Colombia Baby Food, 2020 is an analytical report by Global Data which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Colombian market.
Milks accounted for 61% of value sales in 2019, down from 64% in 2013. Both wet and dry meals have risen more strongly, reflecting higher unit price increases. Sales of cereals and wet meals were more or less equal in value terms in 2019, although in terms of volume, wet meals account for an appreciably higher share of sales (40% in 2019, compared to 27% in the case of cereals). Baby drinks are no longer available, and sales of finger foods are extremely low at present.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
- The number of live births has been on a generally downward trend, a direction exacerbated in 2016 by the impact of the Zika virus. 2018 and 2019 saw further drops, with the result that births in 2019 were 10% lower than in 2013.
- In 2019, the market for baby food stood at COL$901.5 billion, equivalent to US$278 million. Since 2013, retail sales have grown by 42% and volume sales by 7%, with all the main categories experiencing growth.
- Milks accounted for 61% of value sales in 2019, down from 64% in 2013. Both wet and dry meals have risen more strongly, reflecting higher unit price increases. In terms of volume, wet meals account for an appreciably higher share of sales (40% in 2019, compared to 27% in the case of cereals). Baby drinks are no longer available, and sales of finger foods are extremely low at present.
- Imports of baby milks & cereals have generally been on an upward trend since 2013, although they fell in 2019, to stand at 10,308 tons, worth US$62 million. Exports of milks and cereals are almost negligible.
- The top three manufacturers accounted for only 60% of sales value in 2019. In 2019, Nestl ranked first with a 37% value share, followed by Mead Johnson with 12%. Abbott is believed to have overtaken the Aspen brands (now owned by Lactalis) to claim third place, with an 11% share.
- The market is forecast to grow by 15% in value between 2019 and 2025, to reach COL$1,038 billion.
Reasons to Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.