Cloud Computing in Travel and Tourism-Thematic Research
- October 2020
- 51 pages
Cloud computing refers to the provision of IT infrastructure and platform services to provide a flexible, scalable, and on-demand IT environment. Whilst not openly publicized, it seems cloud computing is a growing theme throughout the travel sector. Jobs related to cloud computing are the most active on GlobalDatas Job Analytics database between mid-September and early October 2020 with growth surpassed only by further technology themes such as IoT, Big Data and Online Travel.
This thematic research report takes an in-depth look at the role of Cloud Computing within the travel and tourism sector. The report looks at trends within tourism related to the cloud alongside offering an array of case studies that take a deep dive into how companies are utilizing this theme and the outcome. This is followed by an analysis of the impacts of this theme and recommendations for companies looking to adopt a cloud-based model.
What remains clear is there is global adoption of this theme as industries across the supply chain such as airlines, travel intermediaries, lodging providers and cruise operators have demonstrable examples of when cloud computing has benefitted flexibility, scalability and general operational efficiency. As technology and travel become ever more entwined, adopting cloud based services will be a pivotal theme in driving future changes regarding efficiency, operation and management in the travel space. - Johanna Bonhill-Smith, Travel & Tourism Analyst, GlobalData.
- This thematic report provides an overview of the role of cloud computing within the travel sector today and the opportunities it can provide.
- The key trends within this theme reflect how companies are benefitting from adopting a cloud based model also acknowledging why some may be reluctant.
- Several case studies are included to identify how, why and when certain companies began investing in the cloud acknowledging the benefits of this theme within the travel sector.
- The impacts of cloud computing are then discussed identifying how this theme has changed the travel sector today.
- To conclude, a series of recommendations are laid out to notify companies on certain precautions and areas to consider when investing into this pivotal theme.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain a deeper understanding into what cloud computing is and how this has/will affect the travel and tourism sector in the future.
- Access how businesses are utilizing the cloud and how this is aiding operational efficiency and productivity.
- GlobalDatas thematic research ecosystem is a single, integrated global research platform that provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors.
- It has a proven track record of identifying the important themes early, enabling companies to make the right investments ahead of the competition, and secure that all-important competitive advantage.
- Companies across the travel and tourism supply chain including airlines, travel intermediaries, lodging providers, cruise operators, etc. should utilize this report to fully understand how cloud computing is a key theme driving future changes in the travel sector.
- Discover recommendations that will help your company when becoming more cloud-savvy, leading to a more agile and efficient business model.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.