Cigars and Cigarillos in Spain is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Spanish Cigars and Cigarillos market has evolved during the last eighteen years in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Spain is a large and expanding market for cigars and cigarillos with consumption standing at a record high of 2,329.6 million pieces in 2013, equivalent to 49.2pieces/year on a per capita basis. Although the market contracted by 1.6% in 2005 with a more severe 7.5% drop recorded in 2006, market volume has since recovered, increasing by 6.5% in 2007, 2.4% in 2008 and by a further 4.3% in 2009, despite the difficult economic conditions.
- The arrival and popularity of filter cigarillos since 2008 helped bring about a 30.4% expansion in volumes during 2010, a 22.4% rise in 2011, an 18.3% increase in 2012 and a 4.8% increase in 2013.
- Cigars and Cigarillos in Spain report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigars and Cigarillos industry in Spain.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigars and Cigarillos across Spain. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigars and Cigarillos industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigars and Cigarillos industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigars and Cigarillos industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigars and Cigarillos industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigars and Cigarillos industry in Spain.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigars and Cigarillos industry in Spain along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigars and Cigarillos companies require a detailed understanding of Cigars and Cigarillos consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigars and Cigarillos industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigars and Cigarillos industry across Spain, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
Market Size & Structure
The Market in Context
Tobacco Products Market, 1991 & 1997-2014
Market Size & Trends
Consumption of Cigars & Cigarillos, 1990-2014
Cigars & Cigarillos: Market Segmentation, 1990-2014
Total & Per Capita Consumption of Small Cigars/Cigarillos, 1990 & 1997-2014
Total & Per Capita Consumption of Large Cigars, 1990 & 1997-2014
Cigars & Cigarillos: Market Segmentation by Type, 2003-2012
Cigars & Cigarillos: Retail Sales by Region, Volume & Value, 2009-2013
Ceuta y Melilla: Volumes, 2009-2013
Retail Sales of Cigars & Cigarillos, 1990-2013
Manufacturers & Brands
Cigars & Cigarillos: Manufacturer Shares, Volume, 2001-2013
Cigars & Cigarillos: Manufacturer Shares, Value, 2004-2013
Cigars & Cigarillos: Brand Family Shares, Volume, 2002-2013
Cigars & Cigarillos: Brand Family Shares, Value, 2002-2013
Taxation & Retail Prices
Cigars & Cigarillos: Structure of Taxation, 1990-2014
Revenues from Cigar Taxes, 2007-2011
EU: Cigars & Cigarillos, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2014
EU: Cigars & Cigarillos, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2011-2014
Cigars & Cigarillos: Retail Prices, July 2014
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-201
Smokers by Age & Gender, 2006 & 2012
Smoking Prevalence (OED Data), 1997-2007
Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
Altadis SA (Imperial Tobacco Group)
Compaia Canariense de Tabacos SA
Production & Trade
Production of Cigars & Cigarillos, 1990-2013
Imports of Cigars & Cigarillos, 1990-2013
Imports by Country of Origin (Tonnes), 2000-2013
Imports by Country of Origin (Value), 2000-2013
Exports of Cigars & Cigarillos, 1990-2013
Exports by Country of Destination (Value), 2000-2013
Prospects & Forecasts
Market Forecasts, 2013-2023
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.