Cigars and Cigarillos in France is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which French Cigars and Cigarillos market has evolved during the last eighteen years in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- France remains a large market for cigars and cigarillos with sales of around 1.42 billion pieces in 2013. Although 4.2% down on 2012 it is only 3.5% down on 1990 despite nine years of consecutive declines. Nevertheless, sales are now almost 25% lower than the recent peak attained in 2004 when market volume reached 1.89 billion pieces.
- The cigar sector currently accounts for some 2.4% of the tobacco products market by volume, up from1.4% in 1990 and per capita consumption, at 21.6 pieces a year, is relatively high by international standards.
- Cigars and Cigarillos in France report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigars and Cigarillos industry in France.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigars and Cigarillos across France. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigars and Cigarillos industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigars and Cigarillos industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigars and Cigarillos industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigars and Cigarillos industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigars and Cigarillos industry in France.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigars and Cigarillos industry in France along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigars and Cigarillos companies require a detailed understanding of Cigars and Cigarillos consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigars and Cigarillos industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigars and Cigarillos industry across France, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
Market Size & Structure
The Market in Context
Tobacco Products Market, 1990 & 1997-2014
Market Size & Trends
Consumption of Cigars & Cigarillos, 1990-2014
Cigars & Cigarillos: Market Segmentation, 1990-2014
Total & Per Capita Consumption of Small Cigars & Cigarillos, 1990 & 1997-2014
Total & Per Capita Consumption of Large Cigars, 1990 & 1997-2014
Cigarillos, Small Cigars & Large Cigars, Market Breakdown, 2004-2013
Pre-Packed Cigars & Cigarillos: Sales by Pack Size, 2004-2013
Large Cigars: Hand-Made v Machine-Made, 2005 & 2010
Hand-Made Cigars by Type, 2002-2005
Cigars & Cigarillos: Retail Sales, 1990-2013
Manufacturers & Brands
Cigars & Cigarillos: Manufacturer Shares, Volume, 2000-2013
Manufacturer Shares, 1st Quarter, 2013 & 2014
Cigars & Cigarillos: Brand Family Shares, 2002-2013
Cigars & Cigarillos: Brand Shares by Variant, 2000-2013
Fastest Growing Brand Variants, 2013
Machine-Made Large Cigars, Manufacturer Shares, 2010
Machine-Made Large Cigars, Brand Family Shares, 2010
Leading Hand-Rolled Cigar Suppliers, 2014
Best Selling Hand-Made Cigars, by Manufacturer, 2013
Taxation & Retail Prices
France: Tax Structure, 2012-2014
EU: Cigars & Cigarillos, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2014
EU: Cigars & Cigarillos, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2011-2014
Cigars & Cigarillos: Average Prices, 1990-2013
Cigars: Retail Price List (Altadis Distribution), 2014
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Smoking Prevalence by Age & Gender, 2005 & 2010
Incidence of Smoking by Age Group, 1992-1999
Breakdown of Smoking Population by Gender & Age Group, 1992-1999
Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
Scandinavian Tobacco Group France S.A.S.
J Corts France
Seita-Groupe Imperial Tobacco
Arnold Andr SARL
Production & Trade
Production of Cigars & Cigarillos, 1990-2013
Imports of Cigars & Cigarillos, 1990-2013
Imports by Country of Origin (Pieces), 2000-2013
Imports by Country of Origin (Tonnes), 2000-2013
Imports by Country of Origin (Value), 2000-2013
Exports of Cigars & Cigarillos, 1990-2013
Exports by Country of Destination (Value), 2000-2013
Prospects & Forecasts
Market Forecasts, 2013-2023
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.