Cigars and Cigarillos in Denmark is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Danish Cigars and Cigarillos market has evolved during the last eighteen years in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Denmark has long been an established market for cigar products despite consumption being in almost continuous decline until very recently. Indeed, after successive annual falls between 1990 and 2010, the market has been expanding since 2011 and grew by 25.9% in 2012 and by 41.1% in 2013, boosted by value cigarillo sales.
- Despite this, market volume is currently 63.8% below the level it was at the start of the 1990s, having fallen from 328 million pieces in 1990 to 118.7 million pieces in 2013. Per capita consumption has fallen from 63.8 pieces/year, to 21.3 pieces over the same period.
- Cigars and Cigarillos in Denmark report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigars and Cigarillos industry in Denmark.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigars and Cigarillos across Denmark. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigars and Cigarillos industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigars and Cigarillos industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigars and Cigarillos industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigars and Cigarillos industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigars and Cigarillos industry in Denmark.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigars and Cigarillos industry in Denmark along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigars and Cigarillos companies require a detailed understanding of Cigars and Cigarillos consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigars and Cigarillos industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigars and Cigarillos industry across Denmark, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
Market Size & Structure
The Market in Context
Tobacco Products Market, 1990 & 1999-2014
Market Size & Trends
Consumption of Cigars & Cigarillos, 1990-2014
Cigars & Cigarillos: Market Segmentation, 1990-2014
Total & Per Capita Consumption of Small Cigars/Cigarillos, 1990 & 1997-2014
Total & Per Capita Consumption of Cheroots, 1990 & 1997-2014
Total & Per Capita Consumption of Large Cigars, 1990 & 1997-2014
Manufacturers & Brands
Cigars & Cigarillos: Manufacturer Shares, 2000-2013
STG Denmark: Brand Shares, 2007-2010
Small Cigars & Cigarillos: Manufacturer/Importer Shares, 2000-2013
Cheroots: Manufacturer Shares, 2000-2013
Large Cigars: Manufacturer Shares, 2000-2013
Taxation & Retail Prices
EU: Cigars & Cigarillos, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2014
EU: Cigars & Cigarillos, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2011-2014
STG Denmark: Retail Price List, 2013
Ritmeester: Retail Price List, 2012
Habanos Nordic: Retail Price List, 2012
MacBaren: Retail Price List, 2013
Cigarillo & Cheroot Prices, July 2014
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2013
Smokers by Age Group, Regular & Occasional, 2009 & 2011
Smokers by Age Group, Regular & Occasional, 2010
Daily Smokers by Age & Gender, 2009
Daily Smokers by Age & Gender, 2010
Smoking Prevalence by Region, 2006 & 2011
Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
Scandinavian Tobacco Group Denmark A/S
STG Denmark: Cigar Portfolio, 2013
Production & Trade
Production & Manufacturers' Sales of Cigars, Cheroots & Cigarillos, 1990-2013
Production by Type, Volume, 2000-2006
Imports of Cigars & Cigarillos, 1990-2013
Imports of Cigars & Cigarillos by Country of Origin (Tonnes), 2000-2013
Imports of Cigars & Cigarillos by Country of Origin (Value), 2000-2013
Exports of Cigars & Cigarillos, 1990-2013
Cigars & Cigarillos: Export Orientation, 1990-2013
Exports of Cigars & Cigarillos by Country of Destination (Pieces), 2000-2013
Exports of Cigars & Cigarillos by Country of Destination (Tonnes), 2000-2013
Exports of Cigars & Cigarillos by Country of Destination (Value), 2000-2013
Prospects & Forecasts
Market Forecasts, 2013-2023
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.