Cigars and Cigarillos in Australia is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Australian Cigars and Cigarillos market has evolved during the last eighteen years in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- In Australia, Cigarillos became a popular entry level product with the result that volumes jumped to 82.9million pieces or 227 tonnes in 2005. ERC estimates place sales at 58.4 million pieces in 2013
- which compares with 51 million pieces in 1997 and 83 million pieces in 2005
- Cigarillos and medium cigars are by far the most popular product in the market, their lower price and attraction as an alternative form of tobacco for those entering the market explaining their popularity.
- Despite volumes falling from their 2005 high of 73.2 million pieces to 55.1 million pieces in 2013 they account for an improved 94.3% of volume.
- The other sector, large cigars, accounts for the remaining 5.7% of volumes. They, too, have seen sales fall back significantly from 9.8 million pieces in 2003 to 3.3 million pieces in 2013 and appear to have benefited much less from pre-tax rise purchases.
- Cigars and Cigarillos in Australia report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigars and Cigarillos industry in Australia.
- This report is the result of ERC's extensive market research covering Cigars and Cigarillos across Australia. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigars and Cigarillos industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigars and Cigarillos industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigars and Cigarillos industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigars and Cigarillos industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigars and Cigarillos industry in Australia.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigars and Cigarillos industry in Australia along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production and trade and forecast data.
Reasons To Buy
- Cigars and Cigarillos companies require a detailed understanding of Cigars and Cigarillos consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigars and Cigarillos industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigars and Cigarillos industry across Australia, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
Table of Contents
Market Size & Structure
The Market in Context
Tobacco Products Market, 1997-2014
Market Size & Trends
Cigars & Cigarillos: Volume Trends, 1997-2014
Cigars & Cigarillos: Market Segmentation, 1997-2014
Cigars & Cigarillos: Market Segmentation, 2010-2013
Cuban v Non-Cuban (Hand-Made), 2010-2013
Cigars & Cigarillos: Market Segmentation (Grocery Sector), 2009-2012
Total & Per Capita Consumption of Cigarillos & Medium Cigars, 1997-2014
Total & Per Capita Consumption of Large Cigars, 1997-2014
Cigarillos: Market Segmentation, 2002, 2004 & 2010
Cigars & Cigarillos: Market Segmentation, Mass Market v Premium, 2002-2013
Sales by Pack Size, 2010-2013
Sales by Pack Size (Grocery Sector), 2008-2011
Cigar/Cigarillo Sales by Outlet, 2007 & 2008
Manufacturers & Brands
Cigars & Cigarillos: Manufacturer Shares, 2003-2014
Cigars & Cigarillos: Brand Family Shares, 2003, 2004 & 2009-2014
Cigars & Cigarillos: Brand Family Shares (Convenience Sector), 2003-2013
Cigars & Cigarillos: Rankings (Convenience Sector), 2010
Premium Cigars (Non-Cuban): Leading Brand Families, 2013
Cigars & Cigarillos: Distributor Shares, 2003-2013
Cigars & Cigarillos: Distributor Shares (Convenience Sector), 2004-2013
Mass Market Cigars & Cigarillos: Distributor Shares, 2004-2009
Cigars & Cigarillos: Manufacturers/Distributors by Brand, 2014
Taxation & Retail Prices
Cigars, Cheroots, Cigarillos: Excise Duty Rates, 2004-2014
Cigars: Retail Prices, 2014
Mass Market Cigars (Selected): Retail Prices, 2014
The Smoking Population
Smoking Population, 1990-2012
Analysis of Tobacco Use by Age & Gender, 2010
Use of Tobacco by Gender & State, 2010
Recent Anti-Smoking Regulation by State, 2009-2013
Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
Scandinavian Tobacco Group Australia
British American Tobacco Australasia
The Pacific Cigar Company (Australia) Pty Ltd
Production & Trade
Imports of Cigars & Cigarillos, 1997-2013
Imports of Cigars & Cigarillos by Country of Origin, Volume, 2000-2013
Imports of Cigars & Cigarillos by Country of Origin, Value, 2000-2013
Re-Exports of Cigars & Cigarillos, 1997-2013
Prospects & Forecasts
Market Forecasts, 2013-2023
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.