Cigarettes in Turkmenistan, 2017
"Cigarettes in Turkmenistan, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Turkmenistan is a tobacco-growing country but is not a major leaf producer and there are no known cigarette producers manufacturing in the country, which is entirely dependent on imports. From January 2016, legitimate duty-paid sales are forecast to be zero; previously, a market of approximately 2.3 billion pieces was forecast for 2024. Any remaining demand will inevitably be met by the black market.
- Legitimate sales are estimated at 1.6 billion pieces in 2015, but have been higher, with per capita consumption estimated at 315 pieces per year.
- This is low due to the comparatively low disposable incomes, the low prevalence of smoking among women (less than 1% of women smoke compared with over 13% of men), and the growing presence of contraband cigarettes.
- There are no known cigarette producers manufacturing in the country, which is entirely dependent on imports. From January 2016, legitimate duty-paid sales are forecast to be zero; previously, a market of approximately 2.3 billion pieces was forecast for 2024. Any remaining demand will inevitably be met by the black market.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 11
4. Manufacturers & Brands 12
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 14
5.1. Taxation 14
5.2. Retail Prices 15
6. The Smoking Population 16
7. Production & Trade 18
7.1. Production 18
7.2. Imports 19
7.3. Exports 23
8. Operating constraints 24
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 24
8.2. Health Warnings 25
8.3. Other Restrictions 26
9. Prospects & Forecasts 27
10. Appendix 29
10.1. What is this Report About? 29
10.2. Time Frame 30
10.3. Product Category Coverage 31
10.4. Methodology 32
10.5. About GlobalData 34
10.6. Disclaimer 35
10.7. Contact Us 36
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016 8
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016 10
Table 3: Smoking Population, 1990-2015 17
Table 4: Cigarette Imports, 1994-2015 19
Table 5: Imports to Turkmenistan by Country, 2007-2015 21
Table 6: Imports to Turkmenistan by Country, 2007-2015, % of Total 22
Table 7: Consumption Forecasts, 2015-2025 28
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 32
Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance 34
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.