Cigarettes in the Czech Republic, 2017
"Cigarettes in the Czech Republic, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Czech market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The Czech Republic gained independence in 1993, having previously been part of Czechoslovakia. It has a population of 10.6 million. The legitimate market for cigarettes has been in decline for a number of years, although recently there have been signs of stabilization. Falls have largely come as a result of the price increases brought about by tax rises. The value sector remains the fastest growing sector as a result of such price increases. Although the premium sector has been sustained to some extent by foreign visitors taking advantage of local prices, recent price increases are reducing this advantage.
- PMI dominates the market, although its market share continues to be eroded by its major competitors.
- Taxation remains a major problem with sizeable increases since 2004 as the government has sought to reach the EU's minimum percentage.
- Cigarette sales are forecast to contract by 20.5% between 2016 and 2026 with rising prices and the reduction in smoking opportunities being the main reasons.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 11
4. Manufacturers & Brands 13
5. Taxation & Retail 19
5.1. Taxation 19
5.2. Retail Prices 22
6. The Smoking Population 29
7. Production & Trade 32
7.1. Production 32
7.2. Imports 34
7.3. Exports 38
8. Operating Constraints 44
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 44
8.2. Health Warnings/ Labelling Requirements 45
8.3. Other Restrictions 46
9. Company Profile 49
10. Prospects & Forecasts 52
11. Appendix 55
11.1. What is this Report About? 55
11.2. Time Frame 55
11.3. Product Category Coverage 55
11.4. Methodology 56
11.5. About GlobalData 58
11.6. Disclaimer 59
11.7. Contact Us 60
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016 8
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016 9
Table 3: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2016, Million Pieces 15
Table 4: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2016, Percentage Share (%) 16
Table 5: Cigarette Brand Shares, 2005-2014, % Volume 17
Table 6: EU Countries, Retail Price & Tax Incidence Comparison, 2017 20
Table 7: Cigarette Prices by Sector, 2003-2012 22
Table 8: Development of Cigarette Prices, 2000-2015, K /Pack 23
Table 9: Retail Price List, 2012 24
Table 10: Smoking population,1990-2016 30
Table 11: Adults Smoking at Least One Cigarette a Day by Age Group, 2000-2010 31
Table 12: Smoking Prevalence by Number of Cigarettes Smoked, 1997-2010 31
Table 13: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015 32
Table 14: Imports of Cigarettes, 1993-2016 34
Table 15: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, Volume, 2000-2016, Million Pieces 36
Table 16: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, Volume, 2000-2016, Percentage Share (%) 37
Table 17: Export of Cigarettes, 1993-2016 39
Table 18: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2016, Million Pieces 41
Table 19: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2016, Percentage Share (%) 42
Table 20: Company Profile: Philip Morris CR as 49
Table 21: Company Profile: British American Tobacco (Czech Republic) sro 50
Table 22: Company Profile: Imperial Tobacco CR sro(2) 51
Table 23: Consumption Forecasts to 2026 54
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 56
Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance 58
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.