Cigarettes in Tanzania, 2017
- May 2017
- Tobacco Products
- 42 pages
"Cigarettes in Tanzania, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Cigarette consumption in Tanzania has been erratic on a year-to-year basis. The economic difficulties, recurrent droughts and extensive infrastructure problems are the main factors that have influenced the market. Sales were 6.09 billion pieces in 2015 but are forecast to be down 1.9% to 5.97 billion pieces in 2016 as a consequence of rising prices and the impact that this has had on duty paid sales.
- Per capita consumption stood at 114 pieces per person in 2016, down 8.5% on 1990 levels.
- The growing problem of non-duty paid sales is forecast to see sales drop back in 2016.
- A 1.9% contraction is expected to 5.97 billion pieces that Tanzania's smoking population is currently in the region of 2.45 million in 2016 which equates to a smoking prevalence rate of 9.5% overall, with this population almost exclusively male.
- Following the impact of the recent increases in prices the market is forecast to see sluggish sales initially before recovering towards the end of the review period.
- Volumes are expected to end 2026 at 7.88 billion pieces, 31.9% ahead of 1990, with per capita consumption up 0.8% to 115 pieces.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Tobacco Products
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Thailand
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Bulgaria, 2017
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Cambodia, 2016