Cigarettes in Syria, 2019
Cigarettes in Syria, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Madagascan tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
Syria is one of the larger countries in the Middle East and gained independence from France in 1946. Prior to the ongoing civil war it had a population of over 22 million, although this is currently estimated as down at just under 19 million.
Although the global financial crisis caused a slowdown in growth in 2008, real GDP still grew by 6% in 2009. The economy slowed in 2010, with growth down to 3.2%, and has been in reverse since civil war broke out in 2011. Although there is evidence that GDP will return to growth in 2019 there is much to be done to return to levels prior to the conflict.
- Since 2011, the impact of civil war has reduced the size of the duty paid market, with volumes down at 14,000 million pieces in 2016.
- Until recently, the General Organization of Tobacco (GOT) was the only player in the Syrian cigarette market and is still the dominant force.
- Following a relaxation in import restrictions, increased but still fluctuating quantities have been entering the country.
- In 2005, a pack of duty-paid cigarettes would typically cost the local equivalent of US$0.89. This would be regarded as the standard sector.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production and Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Government Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.5. About GlobalData
11.7. Contact Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2018
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2018
Table 3: Total Cigarette Market, 1993-2018, Million Pieces
Table 4: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Million Pieces, 2000-2018
Table 5: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, %, 2000-2018
Table 6: Cigarette Price Index, 2005-2010
Table 7: Retail Prices, Leading Brands, March 2012, S per Pack
Table 8: Smoking Population, 1990-2018
Table 9: Cigarette Production, 1990-2017, Million Pieces
Table 10: Imports of Cigarettes, 1993-2018
Table 11: Imports by Country of Origin, 2003-2010, Million Pieces
Table 12: Imports by Country of Origin, 2003-2010, %
Table 13: Exports to Syria by Supplying Country, 2010-2017, Million Pieces, %
Table 14: Exports to Syria by Supplying Country, 2010-2017, %
Table 15: Exports of Cigarettes, 2003-2018
Table 16: Exports by Country of Destination, 2003-2010, Million Pieces, %
Table 17: Imports from Syria by Receiving Country, 2010-2017
Table 18: Company profile: General Organisation of Tobacco (GOT)
Table 19: Consumption Forecasts to 2028
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.