Cigarettes in Sri Lanka, 2016
- February 2017
- Tobacco Products
- 50 pages
The Sri Lankan cigarette market has suffered mixed fortunes recently. After seeing strong growth in 2010 and 2011 the sector was badly hit by tax hikes in 2012 which reduced sales. Further and more serious problems followed in 2014 with the issue of contraband complicated by a growing number of smokers down trading to beedies, what resulted in a fall of sales. Per capita consumption was only 160 pieces in 2014.
- Sri Lanka has only one significant domestic cigarette manufacturer, Ceylon Tobacco Company (CTC). Imports and exports are of little importance to the overall market.
- There is growing competition from traditional beedies, a legally produced type of cigarette that competes with the cheapest of manufactured cigarettes and are popular in rural areas.
Cigarettes in Sri Lanka 2016 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Sri Lanka market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Tobacco Products
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Thailand
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Bulgaria, 2017
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Cambodia, 2016