Cigarettes in Peru, 2017
"Cigarettes in Peru, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Peruvian market. The report analyzes the market size and structure, on both an overall and and per capita basis, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
Peru has a large population of 30 million but its legitimate cigarette market is small, standing at 2.37 billion pieces in 2014, as the effect of rising non-duty paid sales impacted the legitimate market during the past decade. Dire economic conditions meant that the consumption of cigarettes was extremely depressed during the earlier part of the 1990s, but was more buoyant in the mid-1990s as economic conditions improved. However, demand came under pressure again with sharp declines in the early 2000s, before expanding as the decade progressed, in line with an improving economy and improved market controls. Continued economic growth in the long term will help support the growth and development of the cigarette industry as consumers will be able to spend more of their disposable income on tobacco.
- BAT Peru is the largest company in the market with a 88.7% market share as of 2016.
- As of 2015, a third of Peru's adult population smoke.
- Cigarette consumption was only be 2 billion pieces in 2016 compared to 2.3 billion pieces in 2015.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 6
3. Market Structure 13
4. Manufacturers & Brands 17
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 22
5.1. Taxation 22
5.2. Retail Prices 23
6. The Smoking Population 24
7. Production and Trade 27
7.1. Production 27
7.2. Imports 28
7.3. Exports 34
8. Operating Constraints 35
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 35
8.2. Health Warnings 35
8.3. Other Restrictions 35
9. Prospects & Forecasts 37
10. Appendix 39
10.1. What is this Report About? 39
10.2. Time Frame 40
10.3. Product Category Coverage 41
10.4. Methodology 42
10.5. About GlobalData 44
10.6. Disclaimer 45
10.7. Contact Us 46
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016 7
Table 2: Total Market: Legitimate v Contraband, Billion Pieces, 1997-2016 9
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016 10
Table 4: Market Breakdown: Blond v Dark Cigarettes, Million Pieces, 2000-2013 13
Table 5: Market Breakdown: Blond v Dark Cigarettes, % of Total, 2000-2013 14
Table 6: Market Breakdown: Filter v Plain Cigarettes, 2000-2015, % Volume 15
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Million Pieces, 2000-2016 18
Table 8: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, % of Total, 2000-2016 19
Table 9: Key Brands by Price Positioning 21
Table 10: BAT Peru: Retail Price List, 2010 23
Table 11: Smoking Population, 1990-2016 24
Table 12: Cigarette Production, 1990-2005, Million Pieces 27
Table 13: Cigarette Imports , 1990-2016, Million Pieces 28
Table 14: Cigarettes Imports by Country of Origin, 2001 - 2016, Million Pieces 30
Table 15: Cigarettes Imports by Country of Origin, 2001 - 2016, % of Total 31
Table 16: Dark Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2011, Million Pieces 31
Table 17: Dark Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2011, % of Total 32
Table 18: Blond Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2011, Million Pieces 32
Table 19: Blond Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2011, % of Total 33
Table 20: Cigarette Exports 1998-2016 34
Table 21: Consumption Forecasts to 2026 38
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 42
Figure 2: Global Data at a glance 44
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.