Norway has a small cigarette market due to its small population, a lack of domestic production, and high tobacco taxes. However, cigarettes are still the most popular tobacco products in the country, with snus and RYO also forming large parts of the market. Year-on-year declines in the consumption of duty paid factory-made cigarettes on the domestic market are forecast for the coming years. Increases in taxation, the retail display ban, and ever-stricter smoking controls will further reduce demand and the government is determined to make smoking a severely anti-social habit.
- As of 2015, there were 896,000 smokers in Norway, at 22% of the population. However this is down from 44% in 1990.
- All cigarettes are imported into Norway, with Germany accounting for a 35.9% share of imports.
- BAT Norway is the dominant company, with a 51.1% market share as of 2015.
- The Prince brand of cigarettes from BAT is the most popular, accounting for a 35.4% market share.
Cigarettes in Norway is an analytical report by Canadean that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Norwegian market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects and forecasts for sales and consumption till 2025.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
2 Market Size
3 Market Structure
4 Manufacturers & Brands
5 Taxation & Retail Prices
7.2 Retail Prices
6 The Smoking Population
7 Production & Trade
8 Operating Constraints
7.6 Advertising Restrictions
7.7 Health Warnings
7.8 Other Restrictions
9 Company Profiles
10 Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.5. About Canadean
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 19902015
Table 2: Consumption of Manufactured v RYO Cigarettes, 2005-2014, Million Pieces
Table 3: Consumption of Manufactured v RYO Cigarettes, 2005-2014, % Breakdown
Table 4: Per Capita Consumption, 19902015
Table 5: Retail Sales Value: Cigarettes, 1990-2012
Table 6: Cigarette Sales by Strength, 2013-2015, Percentage share (%)
Table 7: Share of 100mm Cigarettes, 2010-2015
Table 8: Packs of Ten: Market Share, 1996-2014
Table 9: Cigarettes: Sales by Outlet, 2008-2010, % Volume
Table 10: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 11: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2015, % Volume
Table 12: Brand Family Shares, 2004-2015, % Volume
Table 13: Leading Cigarette Variants, 2009-2015, % Volume
Table 14: Excise Duty on Cigarettes, 1995-2015
Table 15: Cigarette Retail Price Trends, 1990-2012, Nkr
Table 16: Cigarette Prices, 2015
Table 17: Smoking Population, 1990-2015
Table 18: Daily Smoking Incidence by Sex, 2009-2015
Table 19: Daily Smoking Incidence by Age, 2009-2015
Table 20: Cigarette Production, 1990-2007
Table 21: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2014
Table 22: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2014, Million Pieces
Table 23: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2014, Percentage Share (%)
Table 24: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2014
Table 25: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013, Million Pieces
Table 26: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013, Percentage Share (%)
Table 27: Company profile: British American Tobacco Norway
Table 28: Company profile: Philip Morris Norway
Table 29: Consumption Forecasts to 2025
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.