Cigarettes in Nigeria, 2017
- October 2017
- Tobacco Products
- 47 pages
"Cigarettes in Nigeria, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
One of the key features of the Nigerian cigarette market concerns the fact that it is one of the few in the world where non-duty paid sales were traditionally higher than legitimate volumes. As a result of improved government efforts to stamp out illegal trade, sales were estimated to have reached 18.4 billion pieces in 2015, while non-duty paid sales have declined to 5.2 billion pieces in the same year. BAT remains the major player on the cigarette market, accounting for 75% of sales volumes.
- Filter cigarettes now dominate, accounting for over 99% of duty paid sales.
- King size/long lengths are now the largest sector with over 90% of sales.
- Based on the assumption of a generally positive economic picture alongside strong population growth and political stability, cigarettes consumption volumes are expected to increase by 43.9% between 2016 and 2026 in the legitimate market.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Tobacco Products
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Thailand
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Bulgaria, 2017
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Cambodia, 2016