Cigarettes in Lebanon, 2017
- June 2017
- Tobacco Products
- 51 pages
"Cigarettes in Lebanon, 2017", is an analytical report by Canade which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Lebanese market.
Lebanon currently has a population of over 6.2 million people, after having been swollen in recent years by an influx of refugees as a result of the crisis in neighboring Syria and the country is still being affected by the impact of the ongoing crisis in Syria, with the economy slowly recovering, but growth is subdued. Real GDP growth is reported at just 1% a year in 2015 and 2016, but expected to pick up to 2% in 2017 and 2.5% in 2018. Lebanon gained a new President and Prime Minister in late 2016 and the outlook is slowly improving. After a period of deflation in 2015 and 2016, consumer price inflation is projected at about 2% a year for the next two years. There was a substantial drop in legitimate cigarette sales in 2015, volume falling by just over 30% to 8.22 billion pieces, largely due to a substantial drop in sales of imported brands but provisional figures indicate an increase of 15.6% to 9.50 billion pieces in 2016, assisted by a sharp reduction in smuggling.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025.
- Rgie Libanaise des Tabacs et Tombacs (RLTT) is the only manufacturer in the country and still holds a legal monopoly over production, importation, and distribution, which is channeled through 550 licensed retailers and wholesalers that distribute both domestic and imported products.
- The main international players operating in the market are PMI, Imperial Tobacco, BAT, and JTI, although Von Eicken, KT&G, and some others also feature.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Irish market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Tobacco Products
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Thailand
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Bulgaria, 2017
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Cambodia, 2016