Cigarettes in Laos, 2016
- February 2017
- Tobacco Products
- 40 pages
Laos, or more correctly the Lao People's Democratic Republic, has a population of around 6.7 million, and despite having the lowest GDP per capita of all the ASEAN countries, the economy has performed better than its regional neighbors in recent years. Despite the existence of a sizeable non-duty paid sector, duty paid volumes show some growth at around 3.3 billion pieces in 2014. Per capita consumption averaged 488 pieces in 2014.
- Laos Tobacco Ltd is the dominant manufacturer in the country and Red A or Adaeng is the most important brand in the market.
- Filter cigarettes account for between 60 and 70% of sales with Virginian blends by far the most popular.
- Cigarette production is increasing to cater for rising domestic sales, but Laos has failed to develop a sustainable export trade with few recorded exports in recent years.
Cigarettes in Laos 2016 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Laos market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Tobacco Products
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Thailand
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Bulgaria, 2017
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Cambodia, 2016