Indonesia is the fifth largest market for cigarettes in the world with an overall market volume of over 300 billion pieces in 2014 with a similar level of sales expected in 2015. The growth of combined market for kreteks and white cigarettes has doubled in 2014 compared to the level in 1990.
- Philip Morris International, which acquired local kretek producer Sampoerna in 2005, leads the overall cigarette market and heads both the kretek and the white cigarette sector.
- Local production, which is strongly linked with domestic sales and boosted by growing exports, showed substantial growth in 2012 with output expanding by over 8% in 2014.
- Combined kretek and white cigarette volumes and annual per capita consumption are forecast to go up by 2025, helped by strong population growth and an expanding economy.
Cigarettes in Indonesia, is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Indonesian market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Indonesian market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
2 Market Size
3 Market Structure
4 Manufacturers & Brands
5 Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2 Retail Prices
6 The Smoking Population
7 Production & Trade
8 Operating Constraints
8.1 Advertising Restrictions
8.2 Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
8.3 Other Restrictions
9 Company Profiles
10 Prospects & Forecast
11.1 What is this Report About?
11.2 Time Frame
11.3 Product Category Coverage
11.5 About GlobalData
List of Tables
Table 1: Total Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2015
Table 2: White Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2015
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, Kreteks, 1990-2015
Table 4: Per Capita Consumption, White Cigarettes, 1990-2015
Table 5: Kreteks v White Cigarettes, 1990-2015
Table 6: Kreteks: Machine v Hand-Made, 2000-2015, Billion Pieces
Table 7: Kreteks: Machine v Hand-Made, 2000-2015, % Breakdown
Table 8:Cigarette/Kretek Sales by Type, 2011-2013, %
Table 9: Sales by Pack Type, Kreteks, 1996-2006, % Breakdown
Table 10: Sales by Pack Type, White Cigarettes, 1996-2006, % Breakdown
Table 11: Sales by Cigarette Size, Kreteks, 1996-2006, % Breakdown
Table 12: Sales by Cigarette Size, White Cigarettes, 1996-2006, % Breakdown
Table 13: Price Segmentation, 2011-2014, % Volume
Table 14: Kreteks & White Cigarettes: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 15: Kreteks & White Cigarettes: Manufacturer Market Shares, 2002-2015, %
Table 16: Kreteks: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2015, Billion Pieces
Table 17: Kreteks: Manufacturer Market Shares, 2000-2015, %
Table 18: White Cigarettes: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
Table 19: White Cigarettes: Manufacturer Market Shares, 2000-2015, %
Table 20: Market Shares, Leading Brands, 2010-2015, % Total Market Volume
Table 21: Top Ten Brand Families, 2012 & 2013, % Volume
Table 22: Classification of Cigarette Manufacturers, 2002
Table 23: Tier Elimination, 2011-2013
Table 24: Excise Generation from Tobacco, RpTrillion, 1995-2015
Table 25: Retail Prices by Category, Rp, 2008
Table 26: Price List, 2014, Selling, Price Per Pack, Rp
Table 27: Smoking Population, 1990-2014
Table 28: Age of Smoker When Commenced Smoking, 1997
Table 29: Cigarette Production, 1990-2014
Table 30: Kretek Production by Type, 2009-2013, Billion Pieces
Table 31: Cigarette Exports, 1995-2015
Table 32: Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2014, Million Pieces
Table 33: Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2014, %
Table 34: Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2014, Million Pieces
Table 35: Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2014, Million Pieces
Table 36: Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2014, %
Table37: Company profile: PT Hanjaya Mandala Sampoerna Tbk (Sampoerna)
Table38: Company profile: PT Perusahaan Rokok Tjap Gudang Garam (Gudang Garam)
Table39: Company profile: PT Djarum
Table40: Company profile: PT Bentoel International Investama Tbk (Bentoel Group)
Table41: Consumption Forecasts 2015-2025
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.