Cigarettes in Greece, 2017
- August 2017
- Tobacco Products
- 66 pages
"Cigarettes in Greece, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Greek market. The report analyzes the market size and structure, on both an overall and and per capita basis, based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise. Key companies and consumer trends are also analyzed.
Greece was one of the fastest growing cigarette markets in the 1990s, with expansion continuing for much of the early part of the 2000s. Historically Greece has had a high smoking rate and high per capita consumption rates because of the popularity of its low cost, availability, and relaxed anti-smoking laws. However, the market is in long term decline because of Greece's poor economic outlook which has hurt consumer disposable income and forced the government to increase tobacco taxes. As a result, contraband is a growing problem in Greece with consumers opting for cheaper illegal imports rather than more expensive duty-paid cigarettes. Consequently contraband and low consumer spending will negatively affect the whole market in the short-to-medium term.
- Consumption in Greece was 14,500 million pieces in 2016.
- Per capita consumption was 1,344 pieces in 2016 which is a -8.1% contraction from 2015.
- PMI is the largest company in the Greek cigarette market with a over a third of the market.
- Over a third of the Greek adult population smoke, as of 2016.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Tobacco Products
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Thailand
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Bulgaria, 2017
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Cambodia, 2016