Cigarettes in DR Congo, 2017
- April 2017
- Tobacco Products
- 39 pages
"Cigarettes in DR Congo, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Cigarette sales have suffered from a combination of economic difficulties, a rise in non-duty paid sales, and the effects of the recent civil war. The result was initially a decline to a low of 2,762 million pieces in 1999. Since 2000, the market has rebounded; sales were up at 6.60 billion pieces by the end of 2016, 83.3% ahead of 1990. With strong population growth, per capita sales have fallen by 12% over the same period to 81 pieces in 2016, low by African standards and down on 122 pieces in 2005.
- Despite overall cigarettes market growth of 78.3% between 1990 and 2015, per capita consumption fell by 12%.
- Average cigarette consumption remains low at 81 pieces in 2016.
- Filter cigarettes dominate with 85% of sales.
- Virginia blends and local dark cigarettes are popular.
- Production is almost entirely geared towards meeting the needs of the domestic market.
- Output was estimated to be down at three billion pieces in 2015.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Tobacco Products
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Thailand
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Bulgaria, 2017
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Cambodia, 2016