Cigarettes in Brazil, 2019
- May 2019
- Tobacco Products
- 62 pages
Brazil is South America's biggest and most influential country. It has made considerable economic progress since the 2008 economic downturn and remains a key regional and emerging global economic force. Brazil has traditionally been one of the largest cigarette markets in the world, although recent price rises have suppressed sales, which were 57.7 billion pieces in 2017 and are forecast at 59.1 billion pieces in 2018.
Cigarettes in Brazil, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Brazilian tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
- Latest estimates for 2018 suggest that the recent expansion in output and focus on value cigarettes has helped reduce the profile of the non-duty paid sector further.
- Based on legitimate sales, per capita consumption levels are comparatively low, averaging 283 pieces per year in 2018.
- Until recently there was a strong trend towards lighter and, in particular, low tar cigarettes, and sales of full flavor cigarettes, which accounted for nearly half the market in 1990, had fallen to an estimated 31.1% by 1996.
- Importers have been negligible recently with only 0.2% of sales in 2014 or 147 million pieces. Data for 2016 and 2017 forecasts this to rise however.
Reasons to buy
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Tobacco Products
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Thailand
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Bulgaria, 2017
Tobacco ProductsCigarettes in Cambodia, 2016