Cigarettes in Albania, 2017
"Cigarettes in Albania, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Though Albania is a small country with a low population it has very high rates of smoking, around 38% of the total population, due to low levels of taxation, low cost, and the ubiquitous nature of cheap non-duty cigarettes. The government is trying to limit and stop smoking among citizens by increasing taxes, limiting advertisement, and cracking down on illegal cigarette production and smuggling. However, the market is expected to remain stable despite government intervention.
- Per capita consumption levels are similar to levels prevailing in the early 1990s, standing at 592 pieces/year in 2016 on a duty paid basis.
- If estimated non-duty paid sales is included the average rises to 2,500 pieces.
- Duty paid sales are currently being affected by changes to Albanias system of taxation with excise duties being hiked between 2015 and 2017.
- Duty paid sales are expected to be impacted by this increase which will result in higher prices.
- Volumes in 2026 are forecast at 1.9 billion pieces with per capita consumption at 609 pieces and 2.9% above that in 2016.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 13
4. Manufacturers & Brands 14
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 16
5.1. Taxation 16
5.2. Retail Prices 18
6. The Smoking Population 20
7. Production & Trade 24
7.1. Production 24
7.2. Imports 26
7.3. Exports 30
8. Operating constraints 31
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 32
8.2. Health Warnings 33
8.3. Other Restrictions 34
9. Prospects & Forecasts 35
10. Appendix 37
10.1. What is this Report About? 37
10.2. Time Frame 38
10.3. Product Category Coverage 39
10.4. Methodology 40
10.5. About GlobalData 42
10.6. Disclaimer 43
10.7. Contact Us 44
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption Duty Paid v Contraband, 1998-2016, Million Pieces 8
Table 2: Duty Paid Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016 10
Table 3: Duty Paid Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016 12
Table 4: Planned Changes in Excise Duty, 2015-2017 17
Table 5: Annual Change in Consumer Tobacco Prices, 2000-2016 19
Table 6: Smoking Population, 1990-2016 21
Table 7: Smoking Prevalence by Age & Gender, 2007 & 2009 22
Table 8: Cigarette Production, 1990-2011 25
Table 9: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2015 27
Table 10: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2015, Million Pieces 28
Table 11: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2015, % 29
Table 12: Consumption Forecasts, 2016-2026 36
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 40
Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance 42
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.