GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, “Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017”. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global COPD market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global COPD market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global COPD sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimated the Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) market to be worth $8.4 billion in 2009 and projects it to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 4.7% to reach $12.2 billion in 2017. The development of novel once-daily inhaled therapies is expected to provide new treatment options for COPD patients worldwide, and will play a major role in the expansion of the COPD market in the coming years. A steady increase in the incidence rate, the smoking population and in injurious environmental factors in most countries has caused the COPD market to grow significantly.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the COPD market. Its scope includes:
- Annualized global COPD market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as long-acting beta2 agonists, long-acting muscarinic antagonists, long-acting beta2 agonist and inhaled corticosteroid combinations, Inhaled Long-acting beta 2 Antogonist, PDE4 inhibitors and p38 kianse inhibitors.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global COPD market. Key market players covered are GSK, Almirall S.A., Novartis AG, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Inc.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the COPD therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global COPD market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global COPD market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global COPD market landscape? - Identify, understand and capitalize.
Table of Content
1 Table of contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 4
1.2 List of Figures 4
2 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Introduction 5
2.1 GlobalData Pipeline Report Guidance 5
3 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Market Characterization 6
3.1 Overview 6
3.2 COPD Market Size 6
3.3 COPD Market Forecast and CAGR 7
3.4 Drivers and Barriers for the COPD Market 9
3.4.1 Drivers for the COPD Market 9
3.4.2 Barriers for the COPD Market 9
3.5 Opportunity and Unmet Need 10
3.6 Key Takeaway 11
4 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Market : Competitive Assessment 12
4.1 Overview 12
4.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 12
4.3 Product Profile for the Major Marketed Products in the COPD Market 13
4.3.1 Spiriva HandiHaler (Tiotropium bromide inhalation powder) 13
4.3.2 Brovana (Arformoterol) 14
4.3.3 Foradil Aerolizer (formoterol fumarate inhalation powder) 15
4.3.4 Symbicort (budesonide/formoterol fumarate dihydrate) 160/4.5 g 16
4.3.5 Advair Diskus (fluticasone propionate and salmeterol inhalation powder) 17
4.4 Key Takeaway 21
5 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Market : Pipeline Assessment 22
5.1 Overview 22
5.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 22
5.2.1 Technology Trends Analytic Framework 22
5.3 COPD Therapeutics Promising Drugs Under Clinical Development 24
5.4 Molecule Profile for Promising Drugs Under Clinical Development 25
5.4.1 Aclidinium Bromide 25
5.4.2 Daxas (roflumilast) 25
5.4.3 Indacaterol Maleate (QAB149, Onbrez Breezhaler) 27
5.4.4 NVA237 (Glycopyrronium Bromide) 27
5.5 COPD Market Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action 29
5.6 COPD Pipeline by Clinical Phases of Development 29
5.6.1 COPD Therapeutics Phase III Clinical Pipeline 30
5.6.2 COPD Therapeutics Phase II Clinical Pipeline 32
5.6.3 COPD Therapeutics Phase I Clinical Pipeline 34
5.6.4 COPD Therapeutics Pre-clinical Pipeline 35
5.6.5 COPD Therapeutics Discovery Pipeline 36
5.7 Discontinued Drugs for COPD 36
5.8 Key Takeaway 37
6 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Market : Implications for Future Market Competition 38
7 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Market : Future Players in the COPD Market 40
7.1 Introduction 40
7.2 GlaxoSmithKline plc. 41
7.2.1 Company Overview 41
7.2.2 Respiratory Disease Portfolio 42
7.3 Almirall S.A 43
7.3.1 Company Overview 43
7.3.2 Respiratory Disease Portfolio 43
7.4 Novartis AG 44
7.4.1 Company Overview 44
7.4.2 Respiratory Disease Portfolio 44
7.5 AstraZeneca 45
7.5.1 Company Overview 45
7.5.2 Respiratory Portfolio 45
7.6 Pfizer Inc. 46
7.6.1 Company Overview 46
7.6.2 Respiratory Disease Portfolio 47
8 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Market : Appendix 48
8.1 Market Definitions 48
8.2 Abbreviations 48
8.3 Research Methodology 50
8.3.1 Coverage 50
8.3.2 Secondary Research 50
8.3.3 Forecasting 50
8.3.4 Primary Research 53
8.3.5 Expert Panels 53
8.4 Contact Us 53
8.5 Disclaimer 54
8.6 Sources 54
List of Table
Table 1: COPD Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenue ($bn), 2001-2009 7
Table 2: COPD Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenue ($bn), 2009-2017 8
Table 3: Major Marketed Products Comparison in COPD Market, 2010 20
Table 4: COPD Therapeutics Most Promising Drugs Under Clinical Development, 2010 24
Table 5: COPD Therapeutics Phase III Clinical Pipeline, 2010 30
Table 6: COPD Therapeutics Phase II Clinical Pipeline, 2010 32
Table 7: COPD Therapeutics Phase I Clinical Pipeline, 2010 34
Table 8: COPD Therapeutics Pre-clinical Pipeline, 2010 35
Table 9: COPD Therapeutics Discovery Pipeline, 2010 36
Table 10: List of Discontinued Drugs for COPD, 2010 36
Table 11: GlaxoSmithKline plc - Respiratory Disease Pipeline Products, 2010 42
Table 12: Almirall S.A Respiratory Disease Pipeline Products, 2010 43
Table 13: Novartis AG Respiratory Disease Pipeline Products, 2010 44
Table 14: AstraZeneca Respiratory Marketed Products, 2010 45
Table 15: AstraZeneca Respiratory Pipeline Products, 2010 46
Table 16: Pfizer Inc Respiratory Disease Pipeline Products, 2010 47
List of Chart
Figure 1: COPD Therapeutics Market Revenue ($bn) 20012009 7
Figure 2: Opportunity and Unmet Need in the COPD Market, 2010 11
Figure 3: Strategic Competitor Assessment of the Major Marketed Products for COPD, 2010 12
Figure 4: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the COPD Pipeline, 2010 23
Figure 5: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the COPD Pipeline - Description, 2010 23
Figure 6: COPD Market Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action, 2010 29
Figure 7: COPD Pipeline by Phase of Clinical Development, 2010 29
Figure 8: Implications for Future Market Competition in the COPD Market, 2010 38
Figure 9: COPD Market Clinical Pipeline by Company, 2010 40
Figure 10: GlobalData Market Forecasting Model 52
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.