China - Transport and Logistics: Government initiatives to drive growth (Strategy, Performance and Risk Analysis)
China boasts an extensive transportation network. The country has recorded growth in the volume of vehicles and freight and is anticipated to increase its road network accordingly. China has the worlds fourth-largest road network - 4.8 million km in 2017, while the rail network stood at 137,901.6 km. The country is a major international transportation hub, housing the worlds largest sea port in Shanghai.
MarketLines Premium industry reports provide a comprehensive overview of the market and include sections on: risk and reward, key industry trends and drivers, SWOT analysis, competitive landscape, innovation, deals, key developments, and industry benchmarking to compare key performance indicators with regional and global markets.
Increasing international traffic to drive air freight
In China, air freight traffic recorded a CAGR of 8.0%, from 15.6 billion tonne km in 2012 to 22.9 billion tonne km in 2017 and is anticipated to post a CAGR of 7.7%, from 24.8 billion tonne km in 2018 to 33.4 billion tonne km in 2022. Growth in the volume of goods carried leads to higher freight traffic. Total air freight volume recorded a CAGR of 4.2%, from 5.5 million tonnes in 2012 to 6.7 million tonnes in 2017 and is anticipated to post a CAGR of 4.1%, from 7.0 million tonnes in 2018 to 8.2 million tonnes in 2022.
Decline in coal shipments affects rail freight
In China, rail freight recorded a CAGR of -6.0%, falling from 2,918.7 billion tonne km in 2012 to 2,140.0 billion tonne km in 2017 and is anticipated to post a CAGR of 6.7%, from 2,013.4 billion tonne km in 2018 to 1,524.2 billion tonne km in 2022, due a decline in coal shipments. The limited demand caused commodity prices to fall and affected the productivity of different industries, which impacted rail freight.
Increased fleet of bulk carriers to drive growth of the ocean fleet size
In China, the fleet size recorded a CAGR of 4.1%, from 3,512 vessels in 2012 to 4,287 in 2017 and is anticipated to post a CAGR of 3.8%, from 4,482 in 2018 to 5,208 in 2022. This is primarily due to a rise in the fleet size of bulk carriers, which accounted for 25.3% of the total ocean fleet size in 2017 and rose from 642 units in 2012 to 1,069 units in 2017.
- Risk & Reward Index: The risk & reward index compares the position of China's transport and logistics industry with other countries in the region in terms of specific risk and reward parameters.
- Industry Snapshot and Industry View: Key transport and logistics industry statistics include freight traffic, freight volume, fleet size, passengers, import and export gross value added, FDI and trends driving market performance.
- Industry SWOT Analysis: Discover the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats impacting market performance and investment in China's transport and logistics market.
- Industry Benchmarking: Benchmark how China's transport and logistics market is performing compared to regional and global markets in terms of GVA, fleet size and freight traffic by mode.
- Competitive Landscape: Overview of industry players compared with their peers across a set of indicators.
Reasons to buy
- How is the market performing in terms of indicators such as freight traffic, freight volume, fleet size, passengers, import and export, gross value added and FDI?
- How risky is it to invest in the China transport and logistics industry compared to other countries in Asia-Pacific?
- What is driving the performance of key industry segments such as land, air, water and rail?
- Who are the leading players in the China transport and logistics industry and their presence in respective segment?
- What trends are being witnessed within the China transport and logistics industry?
- What are the China transport and logistics industrys strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are the recent developments and innovations in the China transport and logistics industry?
Table of Contents
Risk and Reward Index 4
Industry Snapshot 8
Industry View 15
Industry SWOT Analysis 19
Industry Benchmarking 25
Industry Performance 34
Competitive Landscape 43
Key Developments 58
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.