China Retail Banking: Opportunities and Risks to 2023
- October 2019
- 40 pages
Chinas total loan balances outstanding (including credit card balances, personal loan balances, and residential mortgage balances outstanding) recorded a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.2% during 2014-18 to reach CNY37.8tn ($5.5tn). Credit card balances outstanding was the fastest-growing credit segment during the review period. However, as a result of stringent government regulations aimed at curbing rising household debt, total loan balances outstanding is expected to record a slower CAGR of 13.7% over 2019-23.
Based on our proprietary datasets, this report analyzes Chinas lending market, with a focus on the consumer lending segment. The report discusses in detail the credit card, personal loan, and mortgage loan markets, covering market size, competitors market shares, and survey insights. The report also provides a market overview of the retail deposit segment. In addition, it covers the key digital disruptors in the countrys retail lending segment.
- Credit card balances outstanding in China recorded a high CAGR of 30.8% during 2014-18. To curb rising credit card debt, Chinese regulators are tightening lending criteria.
- The personal loan market in China recorded a CAGR of 20.9%, with banks being the preferred lender for personal loans.
- Residential mortgage loans in China increased at a significant CAGR of 24.8%, mainly due to high housing prices.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions using top-level historic and forecast data on Chinas retail lending industry.
- Identify the most promising lending segments.
- Receive detailed insights into lending in China, including consumer lending.
- Understand the changing market and competitive dynamics by learning about new competitors and recent deals in the retail lending space.
- Receive comprehensive coverage of the retail deposit market in China.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Banking
Financial ServicesConsumers And The Economic Outlook - US - January 2020