Chile - Transport and Logistics: Government initiatives to drive growth (Strategy, Performance and Risk Analysis)
Chile has a strong economic model which informs its private sector and social policy, representative of a democratic environment. According to the Heritage Foundation's and the Wall Street Journals Index of Economic Freedom 2018, Chile scored 77.7, making it the 20th freest economy in the world and third among 32 countries in the Americas - its overall score was above the regional and world averages. Chile has strong trading partners and robust export market, largely due to its open market policies, zero tariffs, stable democratic government, solid business practices, and low levels of corruption.
MarketLines Premium industry reports provide a comprehensive overview of the market and include sections on: risk and reward, key industry trends and drivers, SWOT analysis, competitive landscape, innovation, deals, key developments, and industry benchmarking to compare key performance indicators with regional and global markets.
Increasing freight demand and trade to drive air freight
In Chile, air freight traffic recorded a CAGR of 0.1%, rising from 1,527.1 million tonne km in 2012 to 1,536.8 million tonne km in 2017, and is anticipated to post a CAGR of 9.9%, from 1,639.0 million tonne km in 2018 to 2,390.2 million tonne km in 2022. This is primarily due to an increase in trade and air freight demand. Air freight volume recorded a CAGR of 2.3%, from 299.2 million tonnes in 2012 to 357.3 million tonnes in 2017, and is anticipated to post a CAGR of 6.4%, from 368.5 million tonnes in 2018 to 471.8 million tonnes in 2022.
Economic growth and improved infrastructures to drive rail freight traffic
In Chile, rail freight traffic recorded a CAGR of -0.04%, falling from 4,089.7 tonne km in 2012 to 4,080.8 tonne km in 2017. However, it is anticipated to post a CAGR of 0.6% to rise from 4,079.6 tonne km in 2018 to 4,174.1 tonne km in 2022, owing to economic improvements. The government plans to approve a proposal for a high-speed railway connecting the capital city of Santiago with the Pacific port city of Valparaiso.
Increased trade to drive ocean fleet size growth
The size of Chiles fleet recorded a CAGR of 3.3%, rising from 179 vessels in 2012 to 211 in 2017, and is anticipated to post a CAGR of 4.4%, from 218 in 2018 to 259 in 2022. Growth will be due to a rise in trade; total exports rose at a rate of 2.3%, from US$60.6bn in 2016 to US$61.9bn in 2017. Total imports stood at US$58.6bn in 2017, and are expected to reach US$65.5bn in 2022.
- Risk & Reward Index: The risk & reward index compares the position of Chile's transport and logistics industry with other countries in the region in terms of specific risk and reward parameters.
- Industry Snapshot and Industry View: Key transport and logistics industry statistics include freight traffic, freight volume, fleet size, passengers, import and export gross value added, FDI and trends driving market performance
- Industry SWOT Analysis: Discover the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats impacting market performance and investment in Chile's transport and logistics market.
- Industry Benchmarking: Benchmark how Chile's transport and logistics market is performing compared to regional and global markets in terms of GVA, fleet size and freight traffic by mode.
- Competitive Landscape: Overview of industry players compared with their peers across a set of indicators.
Reasons to buy
- How is the market performing in terms of indicators such as freight traffic, freight volume, fleet size, passengers, import and export, gross value added and FDI?
- How risky is it to invest in the Chile transport and logistics industry compared to other countries in South America?
- What is driving the performance of key industry segments such as land, air, water and rail?
- Who are the leading players in the Chile transport and logistics industry and their presence in respective segment?
- What trends are being witnessed within the Chile transport and logistics industry?
- What are the Chile transport and logistics industrys strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are the recent developments and innovations in the Chile transport and logistics industry?
Table of Contents
Risk and Reward Index 4
Industry Snapshot 8
Industry View 15
Industry SWOT Analysis 19
Industry Benchmarking 25
Industry Performance 34
Completive Landscape 42
Key Developments 51
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.