Chaga Mushroom Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2018 - 2028
- Transparency Market Research
Mushrooms are regarded as great sources of essential nutrients, such as proteins, fibers, vitamins, calcium, minerals and selenium. Mushrooms are widely consumed across the globe for their considerable health benefits – they help in weight management, they can be used to boost immunity, they can destroy cancerous cells and thus, help in improving overall nutrition and promoting a healthy lifestyle. Chaga mushroom, also refereed to as Inonotus obliquus, is a fungus belonging to the family Hymenochaetaceae. Chaga mushroom is commonly found growing on birch trees and less commonly on other trees, such as alder, oak, beech and others. Chaga mushroom is mostly grown in Russia as this mushroom grows well in cold climates. Consumption of chaga mushroom is highly concentrated across the European and American regions due to greater demand for these mushrooms as an essential source of antioxidant and due to its use in the production of chaga tea. Furthermore, chaga mushroom has also been in focus due to its medicinal properties, which has further been strengthening the market for chaga mushrooms across the globe. The global chaga mushroom market is expected to benefit from growing consumers’ demand for healthy and organic products.
Reasons for Covering this Title
Today, consumers are looking for food products with potential health benefits, which has been pushing the incorporation of healthy ingredients in various edible products. Chaga mushroom consists of highest levels of Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), which is considered to be one of the most powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory substance and researchers, now, are investigating its potential as an anti-aging product. Also, several research studies have demonstrated that chaga mushrooms can be used to inhibit the progression of cancerous cells and stimulate one’s immune system, thereby making chaga a biological response modifier. Apart from this, chaga mushroom has also been known to help combat other diseases, such as diabetes and cholesterol and improve digestion. Chaga mushroom has long been used for its potential applications in maintaining a healthy digestive system. This will further push the market for chaga mushrooms across the globe. Growing trend of functional food ingredients and increasing consumption of chaga mushroom as a healthy nutrient is expected to help accelerate the market growth of chaga mushrooms in the near future.
Global Chaga Mushroom: Market Segmentation
On the basis of nature, the global chaga mushroom market has been segmented as –
On the basis of form, the global chaga mushroom market has been segmented as –
- Chaga Mushroom Powder
- Chaga Mushroom Liquid
On the basis of application, the global Chaga Mushroom market has been segmented as –
- Immune Booster
On the basis of distribution channel, the global chaga mushroom market has been segmented as –
- Store Based Retailing
- Discount Stores
- Independent Grocery Stores
Global Chaga Mushroom Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global Chaga Mushroom market are Annanda Chaga Mushrooms., Baikal Herbs, Lingonberry Group, Sayan Health, Chaga Mountain, Bioway (Xi'an) Organic Ingredients Co. Ltd, Chaga Mountain, Inc., Eartherbs L.L.C and Four Sigmatic, among others.
- On December, 2016, ChugaChaga Inc. which is a New York-based beverage manufacturer, launched a range of bottled tea drink for health conscious consumers. The drink comes in various flavours, such as peach and classic as well as with zero sugar.
- In January 2015, Four Sigmatics, which is a U.S.-based manufacturer of super foods, medicinal mushrooms and adaptogenic herbs, launched eight drink mixes, including two coffee mixes, made with chaga for better immune support.
Opportunities for Market Participants
Medicinal mushrooms have immense health benefits and have been used since ages for the treatment of several diseases. The growing trend of functional food ingredients has been pushing the demand for healthy beverages. This coupled with growing consumers’ interest in natural products with unique product positioning will lead to the growth of the Chaga mushroom market. Chaga mushroom is regarded as one of the most powerful adaptogens and has been found to be beneficial in preventing premature ageing. Escalating demand for healthy beverages and growing clean label trend is expected to push the market revenue in the overall chaga mushroom market in near future.
Brief Approach to Research
A modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the nature, product type and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the Chaga Mushroom market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Chaga Mushroom market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Chaga Mushroom market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the global Chaga Mushroom market
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major Chaga Mushroom market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario in the global Chaga Mushroom market
- Analysis of the global Chaga Mushroom market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key Chaga Mushroom market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in the Chaga Mushroom market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.