Canada - Transport and Logistics: Infrastructure development to drive growth (Strategy, Performance and Risk Analysis)
A well-established transportation network and trade corridors, optimize Canadas competitiveness in the global market. The Asia-Pacific Gateway and Corridor, Ontario-Quebec Continental Gateway, and Atlantic Gateway and Trade Corridor constitute the main trade corridors. The Asia-Pacific Gateway plays a vital role in establishing a transportation network between Asia and North America. The Ontario-Quebec Continental Gateway provides key gateway facilities throughout the territory and is a component of the countrys multimodal transportation system. The Atlantic Gateway and Trade Corridor connects North America to the European, Caribbean and European markets.
MarketLines Premium industry reports provide a comprehensive overview of the market and include sections on: risk and reward, key industry trends and drivers, SWOT analysis, competitive landscape, innovation, deals, key developments, and industry benchmarking to compare key performance indicators with regional and global markets.
Growing investments towards transportation infrastructure to support the industry
In Canada, total road length recorded a CAGR of 9.3%, rising from 1.3 million km in 2012 to 2.0 million km in 2017, and is anticipated to post a CAGR of 10.9%, from 2.2 million km in 2018 to 3.4 million km in 2022. The increase is due to major infrastructure projects focusing on the construction of roads and bridges.
Government investments made towards transport infrastructure to help drive GVA
Globally, transport and logistics GVA recorded a CAGR of 2.6%, from US$3.2tn in 2012 to US$3.7tn in 2017, and is anticipated to post a CAGR of 5.7%, from US$3.9tn in 2018 to US$4.8tn in 2022. The increase is primarily due to the expansion of freight traffic and volume in the US, China and India.
Increase in number of passenger cars to drive fleet growth
Globally, the size of the active road fleet recorded a CAGR of 4.2%, rising from 1.0 billion vehicles in 2012 to 1.3 billion in 2017, and is anticipated to post a CAGR of 5.5%, from 1.3 billion vehicles in 2018 to 1.7 billion in 2022. This will be due in part to an increase in the volume of private vehicles as a result of growing disposable incomes in China, India, Brazil and South Africa.
- Risk & Reward Index: The Risk & Reward index compares the position of Canada's transport and logistics industry with other countries in the region in terms of specific risk and reward parameters.
- Industry Snapshot and Industry View: Key transport and logistics industry statistics include freight traffic, freight volume, fleet size, passengers, import and export gross value added, FDI and trends driving market performance.
- Industry SWOT Analysis: Discover the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats impacting market performance and investment in the Canada transport and logistics market.
- Industry Benchmarking: Benchmark how Canada's transport and logistics market is performing compared to regional and global markets in terms of GVA, fleet size and freigth traffic by mode.
- Competitive Landscape: Overview of industry players compared with their peers across a set of indicators.
Reasons to buy
- How is the market performing in terms of indicators such as freight traffic, freight volume, fleet size, passengers, import and export, gross value added and FDI?
- How risky is it to invest in the Canada transport and logistics industry compared to other countries in Europe?
- What is driving the performance of key industry segments such as land, air, water and rail?
- Who are the leading players in the Canada transport and logistics industry and what is their presence in the respective segments?
- What trends are being witnessed within the Canada transport and logistics industry?
- What are the Canada transport and logistics industrys strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are the recent developments and innovations in the Canada transport and logistics industry?
Table of Contents
Risk and Reward Index 4
Industry Snapshot 8
Industry View 15
Industry SWOT Analysis 19
Industry Benchmarking 25
Industry Performance 35
Competitive Landscape 44
Key Developments 56
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.