Brazil Cards and Payments-Opportunities and Risks to 2023
- March 2020
- 80 pages
GlobalDatas 'Brazil Cards and Payments - Opportunities and Risks to
2023' report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the
Brazilian cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a
number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash,
cards, credit transfers, direct debits, and cheques during the
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2019e-23f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers detailed regulatory policies and recent changes in regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Brazilian cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Brazilian cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, cards, credit transfers, direct debits, and cheques. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Brazilian cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Acquirers are offering various card processing services and pricing benefits to increase their market share. In August 2019, Santander introduced a card processing service that enables merchants to receive payments through its card processor company GetNet without the need of buying its card reader machine. Merchants can migrate to GetNet by installing its app on their mobile phone and connecting it to the card reader machine. In addition, to offer faster merchant fund settlement, from May 2019, any merchant accepting credit card payments carried out at Rede POS and being paid by an Itau bank account started receiving funds in their bank account in just two days without incurring any cost. This is much faster compared to the market standard of 25 days, incurring some charges.
- Alternative payments are gradually gaining traction in Brazil, following the launch of several domestic and international payment solutions. Itau Unibanco launched a digital wallet, Iti, in October 2019, enabling users to make in-store and P2P payments. Similarly, the BPP Pay digital wallet launched by the payment solution provider BPP (previously Brasil Pr-Pagos) in January 2019 allows users to make QR code-based in-store payments. Previously, in April 2018, Apple Pay was launched in partnership with Ita Unibanco. Google also launched its own payment solution Android Pay in November 2017 (later rebranded as Google Pay). Other international payment solutions such as Samsung Pay, Masterpass, Visa Checkout and paysafecard are also available in Brazil.
- -In September 2019, the National Monetary Council (CMN), under Resolution 4,753, changed the regulation with regards to the opening, maintenance and closure of deposit accounts on the internet. The new regulations are in line with the changing habits of consumers, as well as the new business models that are increasingly using electronic modes. As per the new regulation, the CMN shall not specify the documents required to open deposit accounts. Financial institutions are required to adopt the necessary procedures to identify and qualify the deposit account applicant, and must be in compliance with the legislation, along with ensuring the prevention of money laundering and terrorism financing. The opening and closing of a deposit account can be performed through any channel made available by the financial institution, including electronic (excluding the voice telephony channel).
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Brazilian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Brazilian cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Brazilian cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Brazil.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Brazilian cards and payments industry.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Banking
Financial ServicesConsumers And The Economic Outlook - US - January 2020