Behind the Fenty Brand-How Rihanna and LVMH built a Cosmetics, Skincare and Apparel Empire
- August 2020
- Industry Profile
- 17 pages
Following the successful launch of Fenty Beauty in September 2017, Rihanna has proceeded to build an empire spanning across the make-up, skincare, apparel and luxury goods markets. This case study takes a deep dive into the Fenty empire and identifies how the individual brands have each achieved such phenomenal growth in what is a short period of time.
- Fenty Beauty was the first brand within the empire to be launched and is undoubtedly the jewel in the crown, experiencing impressive growth since its launch just three years ago. The brand has not only gained a cult following but has also set new standards in the market through its commitment to inclusivity, initiating the so called Fenty Effect. It has showcased a masterclass in marketing since its inception, which has been the main driver of its growth.
- Rihannas most recent endeavour is Fenty Skin, which was released in July 2020. The decision to foray into the skincare market was a lucrative one, as the market has experienced similar growth rates to the make-up market historically. The inclusivity ethos is carried across to Fenty Skin, with the range aiming to cater to everyone, which was clearly visible in the release campaign. The range also claims to be clean, with no harsh ingredients, and ethical with refillable and recyclable packaging, incorporating two trends which are prominent.
- In addition to the make-up and skincare markets, the Fenty brand has also established a presence in the apparel and luxury goods industries. Rihanna first launched Savage X Fenty, a lingerie brand which has already made significant strides, challenging the dominance of the longstanding market leader, Victorias Secret. Following this, Rihanna established the Fenty fashion house, with the backing of luxury goods conglomerate LVMH, which has significantly benefited both parties.
- Learn what Fenty is and what its offering consists of
- Understand how the firm markets and sells its products
- See why the firm has been successful and what is driving this success
- Understand the opportunities for other firms in this segment
Reasons to Buy
- What is Fenty and what are its products?
- How are its products marketed?
- Who owns and promotes Fenty?
- Why has Fenty been successful?
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Industry Profile
Industry ProfileFlame Retardants Markets in China
Industry ProfileSituation of Major Competitor Companies
Industry ProfileEmirates Post Group Holding Market Share Study