The baby equipment market has remained resilient amid the challenging economic backdrop, with parents and wider family and friends committed to spend on their young ones. However, demand is highly dependent on the UK birth rate, which fell in 2013, leading to a drop in sales. The market is seeing some long-term positives for demand. There is an increasing sense of fashion ability, especially in Prams & Buggies, which combined with tighter legislative guidelines around Safety and Travel, is encouraging trading up to more up market and specialist products.
- Competition in the baby equipment market is intensifying from both ends of the sector. At the value-end, pure play giant Amazon has been winning share via market leading prices sold through its best-in-class fulfillment services. At the same time, the grocers have also been making a mark, through their own competitive prices and offers that link well into to their wider baby and children‘s clothing and toys ranges.
- Increasing competitiveness at the value-end of the market, coupled with growing interest in more lifestyle-led retailers, has exposed the positioning of all the leading specialists. The leading baby equipment retailers have become ‘stuck in the middle’ on positioning, as Amazon and the grocers have stolen sales at the value-end on price and fulfillment, while department stores have enjoyed strong market traction as consumers are showing an increasing interest in designer-brands and more aspirational retail destinations.
- New forms of Government legislation and guidelines coupled with changes in parenting lifestyles are set to impact future demand for baby equipment. The UK Government announced new requirements on side impact protection for car seats in mid 2015, which is set to be phased in. Many parents will want to upgrade their existing car seats to those which meet the new standards – these added-protection products will likely be more expensive, pushing up average spend among parents.
The baby equipment report offers a comprehensive insight into the baby equipment market and its sub-sectors, including overall baby equipment, care & feeding, prams & buggies, safety and travel. The report analyses the market, the major players, consumer shopping habits and the main trends.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- The hot issues
- What people buy
- Where people shop
- How people shop
- Why people shop
Reasons To Buy
- Utilize the detailed data and insight on the market to help form an effective growth strategy across the baby equipment market.
- Gain a better understanding of consumer shopping habits within baby equipment and which retailers are the most popular to enable you to better compete in the market.
- Identify the opportunities to grow sales in this sector by comparing strategies of the key players in the market and their performance metrics.
- Understand which trends are driving consumer spend on baby equipment and how you can tap into these trends.
- Gain an understanding of which consumers spend the most on baby equipment, which demographics have the lowest penetration and which regions in the UK have the highest baby equipment penetration to allow you to target specific consumer groups more effectively.
Table of Contents
1. ISSUES & STRATEGIES
2. THE MARKET
3. THE RETAILERS
4. THE CONSUMER
List of Table
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.