Australian Consumer Credit 2019: Review, Forecasts, and Future Opportunities
- May 2020
- 48 pages
The Australian consumer credit market has been characterized by continued weakness as consumers prioritize mortgage debt over consumer debt. The growth of the Australian mortgage market combined with high debt servicing costs has displaced the consumer credit market as a less competitive form of finance. Balances outstanding for both personal loans and credit cards are not expected to grow until 2021, with COVID-19 expected to significantly disrupt the economy and change buying habits.
This report provides information and insight on the Australian consumer credit market. It includes details of the overall personal loans and credit card market; a look at the Australian macroeconomic scene; the competitive environment among the main consumer credit and buy now, pay later players; information regarding customer behavior and sentiment; and analysis of recent regulatory changes.
- Frequent users of digital and traditional channels are just as likely to prefer to use digital and non-digital alike when arranging to borrow money.
- All but two of the largest credit providers saw growth in their credit card loan books during 2012-19, with personal loans becoming a popular option among the under 35s.
- Buy now, pay later has emerged as an increasingly popular form of credit, threatening the conventional market, including credit cards.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain insight at both the micro and macro level of the Australian consumer credit market.
- Learn about threats to personal loan and credit card providers as well as potential opportunities, with an in-depth review of the buy now, pay later sector.
- Compare the performance and strategic direction of your firm against competitors.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.