Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) in Consumer GoodsThematic Research
- September 2020
- 48 pages
Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) are forms of alternative reality. AR refers to a technology that overlays digital data on to the real world, whereas VR means the user is completely immersed in an entirely artificial world. AR and VR technologies have the ability to transform numerous industries, including FMCG, retail, and foodservice, by creating new ways of marketing, offering entertainment, and staff training, and by enhancing product packaging to improve consumer experience.
This thematic research report takes an in-depth look at VR and AR technologies in the FMCG space and it also touches the retail, foodservice and packaging sectors, and it presents related technology, consumer, macroeconomic, and regulatory trends. An industry analysis is also present, highlighting the market size and growth forecasts for VR and AR technologies, key use cases, the impact of VR and AR on FMCG, retail, and foodservice, the Covid-19 impact on the theme, and the mergers and acquisitions for this theme. The report also includes the VR and AR value chains. Lastly, a companys section is then set, outlining the FMCG companies highly involved in the theme and the nature of their business.
- Competition is fierce among FMCG brands, and thus they need to find ways to stand out. One way would be to leverage solutions that can grab consumers attention, and offer them immersive, stimulating experiences. Therefore, the FMCG sector has a huge potential to benefit from AR and VR integration.
- AR and VR solutions can be incorporated at every step of the customer journey (during research process, in store, and during product usage).
- AR and VR technology can also be used for brand engagement through contents. Gamification, contents for best selfie taken with the product or most innovative product design could help brands reach a wider audience and a different customer base.
- Retailers are investing in AR and VR to provide their customers with an enhanced experience when visiting their stores, or when shopping online, by offering them the chance to try out products virtually.
- The foodservice industry can leverage AR and VR by offering consumers a menu that comes to life when scanned by mobile phones with AR-based apps installed. A 3D, true-to-scale, visual representation of their food will give visitors the ability to be more discerning when it comes to choosing the desired food.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the impact of the AR and VR technologies on various FMCG industries, including food, drinks, and beauty and grooming, using key trends and examples to help companies understand how they can adapt and understand this theme.
- Discover ways FMCG, foodservice, packaging companies, and retailers are tapping into the theme.
- GlobalDatas thematic research ecosystem is a single, integrated global research platform that provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors. It has a proven track record of identifying the important themes early, enabling companies to make the right investments ahead of the competition, and secure that all-important competitive advantage.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.