- The global aluminium market has been under stress due to excess supply. The industry’s bleak current situation is visible with large players announcing cuts to production. The latest is Alcoa’s announcement of shutting its 190,000 tonne per annum Point Henry smelter in Australia. However, towards the close of 2014, a break in this trend is predicted by some aluminium smelters and bankers.
- Aluminium is used across many sectors, the key being the transport industry (accounts for approximately a quarter of demand) and the construction business contributing around 20% globally. Other sectors include packaging (15%), electrical/machinery/equipment sector (8%) and consumer durable industry (7%).
- China is the leading global producer of aluminium followed by Russia and Canada. Globally the aluminium prices have been falling since 2011, increasing pressure on players who were already struggling to keep costs down.
Why should the report be purchased?
The report ‘’ Assessment of the Global Aluminium Market 2014” highlights key drivers of and trends emerging in the International Aluminium sector. Performance of key aluminium producing geographies has been presented. The current market scenario and future prospects of the sector has also been examined. The report contains latest industry leaders verbatim.
Research methodology and delivery time
Smart Research Insights has conducted in depth secondary research to arrive at key insights. Data collected from key industry sources has been analyzed impartially to present a clear picture of the industry. All recent developments which impact the sector dynamics have been captured and used to support the research hypothesis.
The report is available as single-site single-user license. The delivery time for the electronic version of the report is 5 business days as each copy undergoes thorough quality check and is updated with the most recent information available. The delivery time for hard copies is approximately 5 business days, as each hard copy is custom printed for the client.
About Smart Research Insights (SRI)
SRI is a research organization specializing in industry research reports and custom research. Our team of dedicated researchers with rich experience across industry segments focuses on delivering high quality analysis. Undertaking in-depth secondary research we arrive at key insights, which are supported by data that has been analyzed impartially to present a clear picture of the industry. All recent developments and industry opinions which impact the sector dynamics are captured and used to support the research hypothesis.
Table of Content
1. Industry Overview
1.1 Current Statistics
2. Trends & Drivers
3. Industry Challenges
4. Top global aluminum producing regions
4.4 The United States
4.6 United Arab Emirates
5. Future Outlook
6. Research Methodology
7. About Smart Research Insights
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.