Published on : Mar 17, 2016
Over the past few years, people have become health conscious and have started adding organic and fresh food in their routine. The number of people with gluten sensitivity has gone up in the recent past. Also, there has been a rise in the number of people with celiac disease. All these factors are responsible for the growth of the global gluten-free products market. Rapid changes in the lifestyle of people are also expected to boost the global gluten-free products market in the years to come. Some of the types of gluten free products available in the global market are baby food, bakery products, ready-to-eat products, and pasta.
Factors Boosting Global Gluten Free Products Market
- Going forward, the global gluten-free products market is predicted to be benefited by the increasing demand for innovative gluten free bakery products and the growing consumption of gluten-free pasta.
- The growing focus of people on weight management is expected to further increase the demand for organic food, fresh food, and gluten-free food products in the near future.
- The rising public awareness about potential benefits of gluten-free food products is expected to help in the growth of the global gluten-free products market.
- The demand for gluten-free bakery products such as pastries, cakes, pies, biscuits, muffins, bread, and donuts is expected to increase in the next five years.
- The flip side is, the lack of awareness about the celiac disease is expected to hamper the growth of the global gluten-free products market in the next few years.
Europe has registered maximum demand for the gluten-free products, which is why it is the dominant region in the global gluten-free products market. Gluten free diet has become a trend in today’s world where maximum people are becoming health conscious. The support from leading players to introduce more variety of gluten free products is predicted to contribute further towards the growth of the global gluten-free products market in the years to come. Gluten free diet being a popular treatment for patients suffering from celiac disease, is gaining more importance and acceptance in the global front.