+1-518-621-2074 | US-Canada Toll Free Contact Us

Laclede Customers to Benefit from Plunging Oil Prices

about us

Published on : Feb 17, 2015

Lower cost of natural gas is expected to benefit the Laclede Gas Company’s customers. A request was filed by the company on 13th February for reducing the average residential billing by 5%. This request was basically filed with Missouri Public Service Commission. If and when this request receives approval, customers will begin paying on an average US$0.52 per therm for that part of their bill that involves the gas cost. This, for a regular residential customer would mean that they would end up saving about US$4 every month. However, this would exclude the influence of weather based changes on the pattern of usage.

As per Steve Lindsey, a senior official at Laclede most of the company’s customers depend significantly on the company’s gas supply for reliable and sage natural gas service. As a matter of fact, the customers can also rely on Laclede for aggressive management of the gas costs and also for passing along savings if and when possible. Till date, for businesses and homes natural gas is by far the most cost efficient source of energy. For the customers of Laclede, there exists no markup as regards the gas cost. This rate actually throws light on the costs that are expected from pipeline transportation and wholesale natural gas suppliers of Laclede’s. For a regular residential customer, about 60% of the bill accounts for the gas cost. The remaining amount of the bill which is about 40% includes infrastructure maintenance and operating costs, which Laclede has to bear for safe and reliable delivery of gas to businesses and homes. 

Tell Us What You Need and We’ll Get Back with the Best Solutions Available.


get in touch

Location :

State Tower, 90 State Street, Suite 700, Albany NY - 12207, United States

Call Us :

US/Canada toll free : 866-997-4948

Tel : +1-518-621-2074