Published on : Apr 26, 2016
Facial rejuvenation refers to a cosmetic process, which is done to restore and enhance and the facial features of a person so as to gain a youthful appearance. In the procedure of facial rejuvenation, the facelift is considered as one of the most vital technique, whereas the other procedures complement in improving the final outcome.
Some of the key reasons that encourages a person to opt for facial rejuvenation are mentioned as below:
- If an individual has a drooping skin
- If an individual has developed wrinkles on the face
- If an individual has sagging face and neck
- If an individual is losing some volume in cheekbones
- If an individual needs to restore a youth appearance to reverse the maturity signs
- If an individual has developed crow’s feet at the corner of eyes
- If an individual has developed fine lines nearby their mouth
- If an individual has upper or lower eyelid bags and dark circles
Among all these reasons, restoration of face to attain a youthful appearance is one of the major factor fueling the growth of the global market for facial rejuvenation. In addition, the lifestyle changes worldwide have led to developing early aging among the population from the age of thirties, which is indirectly augmenting the growth of the facial rejuvenation market in the next few years.
Moreover, the tremendous increase in disposable income among the population in developing economies is another factor which is projected to drive the global market for facial rejuvenation in the coming years. Presently, men too are opting for the facial rejuvenation services at a growing rate across the globe. In addition, the focus on the youthful appearance by the overall mass media and fashion industry have further augmented the growth of the market.
The competition in the global market for facial rejuvenation is very intense, thanks to the several companies that have participated in this market and are taking efforts to expand its product portfolio. The prominent players operating in the global market for facial rejuvenation include Speciality European Pharma, Cynosure, Inc., Biopolymer GmbH & Co KG, Mentor Worldwide LLC., Merz GmbH & Co. KGaA, Fibrocell, Inc., Contura International A/S, Revance Therapeutics, Inc., Anika Therapeutics, Inc., LUMENIS, and Gal derma S/A.