Published on : Jun 08, 2016
Health consciousness, the side effects of alcoholic drinks, and the availability of many natural drinks are some of the factors expected to propel the demand for non-alcoholic drinks. Nowadays, people have become health conscious, thus are willing to spend more on fresh fruit juices, canned fruit juices, soft drinks, tea, coffee, and other non-alcoholic drinks, which offer many health benefits. The increasing disposable income of people staying in emerging nations and the changing consumer lifestyles are two of the primary factors expected to drive the global non-alcoholic drinks market in the near future.
Which non-alcoholic drinks are expected to gain demand?
- The risks of water-borne illnesses have led to the growing demand for bottled water.
- There are no other better drinks than tea and coffee for releasing stress. The tea and coffee market is growing at a rapid pace. The increasing varieties of tea and coffee are offering many soothing options for the mass. ZGreen tea, organic tea, and black coffee are among popular choices.
- The demand for soft drinks is expected to be the highest in the years to come due to the growing pool of consumers. Thus, this is the largest segment in the global non-alcoholic drinks market.
- For the health conscious people, fresh fruit juices are the best drinks to gain instant energy.
- The demand for dairy drinks is also expected to increase in the years to come.
Entry of new manufacturers of non-alcoholic drinks has created new growth opportunities owing to the introduction of new products. Leading players are engaging in mergers and acquisitions with the new entrants to introduce many new non-alcoholic beverages. With mergers and partnerships, the new entrants aim to participate in the competition whereas, leading players aim to increase their share of contribution in the global market.
Leading players such as Attitude Drinks, Inc. (U.S.), Calcol, Inc. (U.S.), Nestle S.A., and The Coca Cola Company are engaged in introducing new energy drinks for the health-conscious people. Energy drinks have become a popular choice among a bigger pool of fitness-conscious people. With the changing trends in the drinking habits of people, the global non-alcoholic market is expected to reach new milestones in the years to come.
Manufacturers of non-alcoholic drinks can expect new growth opportunities owing to the rising government support and spending towards research and development activities for the discovery of new products. Clearly, the global non-alcoholic drinks market is one of the fastest growing markets in the global food and beverages industry.