GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, “Anti-Obesity - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017”. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global Anti-Obesity market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global Anti-Obesity market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global Anti-Obesitysector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts. GlobalData has estimated the global anti-obesity market to be valued at $1.1 billion in 2009. It is forecast to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7% for the next seven years to reach $2 billion by 2017. The increasing patient population and high unmet need in terms of safety and efficacy will be the primary drivers of this growth. However, safety concerns with the current anti-obesity drugs and low prescription rates will remain major challenges to sustain this growth.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the Anti-Obesity market. Its scope includes:
- Annualized global Anti-Obesity market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as under appetite suppressants and calorie/fat absorption inhibitors.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global Anti-Obesity market. Key market player covered are Orexigen Therapeutics, Novo Nordisk A/S and Takeda Pharmaceutical.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the Anti-Obesity therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Anti-Obesitymarket.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global Anti-Obesitymarket in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global Anti-Obesitymarket landscape? - Identify, understand and capitalize.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2 Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market: Introduction
2.2 GlobalData Pipeline Report Guidance
3 Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market: Market Characterization
3.1 Anti-Obesity Market Size
3.2 Anti-Obesity Market Forecast and CAGR
3.3 Drivers and Barriers for the Anti-Obesity Market
3.3.1 Drivers for the Anti-Obesity Market
3.3.2 Barriers for the Anti-Obesity Market
3.4 Opportunity and Unmet Need
3.5 Key Takeaway
4 Anti-Obesity Market: Competitive Assessment
4.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment
4.3 Product Profile for the Major Marketed Product in the Anti-Obesity Market
4.3.1 Xenical (Orlistat 120mg) and Alli (Orlistat 60mg)
4.4 Key Takeaway
5 Anti-Obesity Market: Pipeline Assessment
5.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment
5.2.1 Technology Trends Analytic Framework
5.3 Anti-Obesity Therapeutics - Promising Drugs under Clinical Development
5.4 Molecule Profile for Promising Drugs under Clinical Development
5.4.1 Victoza (liraglutide)
5.5 Anti-Obesity Market - Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action
5.6 Anti-Obesity Pipeline - Pipeline by Clinical Phases of Development
5.6.1 Anti-Obesity Therapeutics - Phase III Clinical Pipeline
5.6.2 Anti-Obesity - Phase II Clinical Pipeline
5.6.3 Anti-Obesity - Phase I Clinical Pipeline
5.6.4 Anti-Obesity - Preclinical Pipeline
5.6.5 Anti-Obesity - Discovery Pipeline
5.7 Key Takeaway
6 Anti-Obesity Market: Implications for Future Market Competition
7 Anti-Obesity Market: Future Players in the Anti-Obesity Market
7.2 Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc
7.2.2 Financial Overview
7.2.3 Metabolic Disorders Portfolio
7.3 Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals
7.3.2 Business Overview
7.3.3 Metabolic Disorders Portfolio
7.4 Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
7.4.2 Business Overview
7.4.3 Metabolic Disorders Portfolio
7.5 7TM Pharma
7.5.2 Metabolic Disorders Portfolio
8 Anti-Obesity Market: Appendix
8.3 Research Methodology
8.3.2 Secondary Research
8.3.4 Primary Research
8.3.5 Expert Panel Validation
8.4 Contact Us
List of Table
Table 1: Classification Of Overweight and Obesity By BMI, 2010 6
Table 2: Anti-Obesity Therapeutics, Global, Revenue ($m), 20012009 8
Table 3: Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market, Global, Market Forecasts ($m), 20092017 9
Table 4: Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market, Global, Most Promising Molecules Under Clinical Development, 2010 18
Table 5: Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market, Filed and Phase III Clinical Pipeline, 2010 21
Table 6: Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market, Phase II Clinical Pipeline, 2010 22
Table 7: Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market, Phase I Clinical Pipeline, 2010 23
Table 8: Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market, Preclinical Pipeline, 2010 24
Table 9: Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market, Discovery Pipeline, 2010 25
Table 10: Orexigen Therapeutics, Metabolic Disorders Pipeline Products, 2010 28
Table 11: Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals, Metabolic Disorders Marketed Products, 2010 29
Table 12: Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals, Metabolic Disorders Pipeline Products, 2010 29
Table 13: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Metabolic Disorders Pipeline Products, 2010 30
Table 14: 7TM Pharma, Metabolic Disorders Pipeline Products, 2010 31
List of Chart
Figure 1: Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenues ($m), 20012009 8
Figure 2: Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market, Global, Market Forecast ($m), 20092017 9
Figure 3: Opportunity and Unmet Need in the Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market, 2010 12
Figure 4: Strategic Competitor Assessment of the Marketed Products in Anti-Obesity, 2010 14
Figure 5: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the Anti-Obesity Therapeutic Pipeline, 2010 17
Figure 6: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Pipeline Description, 2010 18
Figure 7: Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market, Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action (%), 2010 20
Figure 8: Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market, Pipeline by Phase of Clinical Development (%), 2010 21
Figure 9: Implications for Future Market Competition in the Anti-Obesity Market, 2010 26
Figure 10: Anti-Obesity Therapeutics Market, Clinical Pipeline by Company, 2010 27
Figure 11: GlobalData Market Forecasting Model 36
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.