GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist’s new report, “Angina pectoris - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017” is an essential source of information and analysis on the global Angina pectoris therapeutics market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global Angina pectoris therapeutics market. The report also provides insight on the competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to bring significant shift in the market positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight on the pipeline products within the global Angina pectoris therapeutics market.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
GlobalData expects the global Angina pectoris therapeutics market to grow at a rate of 3.1% annually for the next seven years to reach $11.5 billion by 2017. It was valued at $9.0 billion in 2009. This significant growth is primarily attributed to the high incidence and prevalence of the disease and expected approval of first-in-class investigational therapies from the mature pipeline such as Generx, potential stem cell therapies, coagulant Xa inhibitors, factor VIIa/tissue factor protein complex inhibitors However, if approved, these new pharmaceuticals will be expensive because they show marked improvements in safety and efficacy over the currently marketed drugs.
GlobalData analysed that the current competition in the angina pectoris market is weak and that the available treatment options are moderately successful in meeting the market demand. The products currently available in the market are associated with mediocre efficacy and safety profiles. Some of the serious side-effects associated with the current angina therapies are liver dysfunction, sexual dysfunction, headache, fatigue, bracycardia, worsening of heart failure, increased blood pressure and high mortality. In addition to this, the current treatments offer poor quality of life due to their lack of efficacy in reducing cardiovascular events and mortality. Because the products currently in the market do not serve the unmet need, the market continues to present opportunities for stronger pipeline candidates. The unmet needs in the angina market are considered to be high and can be fulfilled by technologically advanced products with improved safety and efficacy profiles.
The Angina pectoris pipeline is very strong. The Angina pectoris developmental pipeline is strong with over 17 products in various phases of clinical development. Phase III consists of three products. The pipeline is dominated by first-in-class molecules and certain late stage novel molecules are likely to offer better efficacy and safety over existing available drugs in the market
The scope of the report includes:
- Annualized global Angina pectoris therapeutics market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast forward for 7 years to 2017.
- Geographies covered in this report include the US, the UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across different phases, mechanism of action being developed and emerging trends. The first-in-class drugs act through new mechanisms of action such as Fibroblast Growth Factor-4 Gene therapy, direct factor Xa inhibitor, stem cell therapy and cardiac myosin activator.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global Angina pectoris therapeutics. Key future market players covered are Cardium Theraputics, Bayer Healthcare, Ark Therapeutics, Circ Pharma and Lacer S.A.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and implications for future market associated with Angina pectoris therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Angina pectoris therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global Angina pectoris therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global Angina pectoris therapeutics market landscape? - Identify, understand and capitalize.
Table of Content:
1 Table of contents 3
1.1 List of Tables 5
1.2 List of Figures 5
2 Angina Pectoris: Introduction 6
2.1 Overview 6
2.2 GlobalData Pipeline Report Guidance 7
3 Angina Pectoris Market: Market Characterization 8
3.1 Overview 8
3.2 Angina Pectoris Market Size 8
3.3 Angina Pectoris Market Forecast and CAGR 8
3.4 Drivers and Barriers for the Angina Pectoris Market 9
3.4.1 Drivers for the Angina Pectoris Market 9
3.4.2 Barriers for the Angina Pectoris Market 10
3.5 Opportunity and Unmet Need 10
3.6 Key Takeaway 12
4 Angina Pectoris Market: Competitive Assessment 13
4.1 Overview 13
4.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 13
4.3 Product Profiles for the Major Marketed Products in the Angina Pectoris Market 14
4.3.1 5.3.1 Calcium Channel Blockers 14
4.3.2 Nitrates 15
4.3.3 Beta-adrenergic Blocking Agents (Beta Blockers) 16
4.3.4 Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitor (ACE inhibitors) 17
4.3.5 Statins 17
4.3.6 Sodium Channel Current Inhibitor 19
4.3.7 Selective If Channel Inhibitor 20
4.3.8 Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitor 21
4.4 Key Takeaway 27
5 Angina Pectoris Market: Pipeline Assessment 28
5.1 Overview 28
5.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 28
5.2.1 6.2.1 Technology Trends Analytic Framework 28
5.3 Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 29
5.4 Molecule Profile for Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 31
5.4.1 Generx (Alferminogene Tadenovec, Ad5FGF-4) 31
5.4.2 Rivaroxaban (Xarelto, BAY 59-7939) 33
5.4.3 CK-1827452 (Omecamtiv mecarbil, CK-452) 34
5.4.4 A-002 (Varespladib Methyl) 35
5.4.5 LA419 (S-(6-Nitro-oxi-hexahydrofuro[3,2-b]furan-3-1-il)thioacetate]) 36
5.5 Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action 38
5.6 Angina Pectoris Pipeline Pipeline by Phases of Development 39
5.6.1 Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Phase III Clinical Pipeline 39
5.6.2 Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Phase II Clinical Pipeline 40
5.6.3 Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Phase I Clinical Pipeline 40
5.6.4 Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Preclinical Pipeline 40
5.6.5 Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Discovery Pipeline 40
5.6.6 Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Discontinued Pipeline 41
5.7 Key Takeaway 43
6 Angina Pectoris Market: Implications for Future Market Competition 44
7 Angina Pectoris Market: Future Players in the Angina Pectoris Market 45
7.1 Introduction 45
7.2 Cardium Therapeutics, Inc. 45
7.2.1 Overview 45
7.2.2 Cardiovascular Disease Portfolio 46
7.2.3 Angina Product Portfolio 46
7.2.4 Generx 46
7.3 Bayer Healthcare AG 49
7.3.1 Overview 49
7.3.2 Cardiovascular Disease Portfolio 49
7.3.3 Angina Product Portfolio 49
7.3.4 Rivarobaxan (Xalerto, BAY 59-7939) 49
7.4 Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 51
7.4.1 Overview 51
7.4.2 Cardiovascular Disease Portfolio 51
7.4.3 Angina Product Portfolio 51
7.4.4 A-002 51
7.5 Cytokinetics, Inc. 52
7.5.1 Business Description 52
7.5.2 Cardiovascular Disease Portfolio 53
7.5.3 Angina Product Portfolio 53
7.5.4 CK-1827452 53
7.6 Lacer S.A 54
7.6.1 Business Description 54
7.6.2 Cardiovascular Disease Portfolio 54
7.6.3 Angina Product Portfolio 54
7.6.4 LA 419 54
7.7 Circ Pharma 55
7.7.1 Business Description 55
7.7.2 Cardiovascular Disease Portfolio 56
7.7.3 Angina Product Portfolio 56
7.7.4 Bisoprolol PM 56
7.7.5 IS5MN PM 56
8 Angina Pectoris Market: Appendix 57
8.1 Market Definitions 57
8.2 Abbreviations 57
8.3 Research Methodology 59
8.3.1 Coverage 59
8.3.2 Secondary Research 59
8.3.3 Forecasting 59
8.3.4 Primary Research 62
8.3.5 Expert Panels Validation 62
8.4 Contact Us 62
8.5 Disclaimer 62
8.6 Sources 63
List of Table
Table 1: Angina Pectoris Therapeutics, Global, Market Revenue ($bn), 2001-2009 8
Table 2: Angina Pectoris Therapeutics, Global, Market Forecast ($bn), 2009-2017 9
Table 3: Major Marketed Products Comparison in the Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Market, January 2010 26
Table 4: Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Most Promising Drugs Under Clinical Development, 2010 29
Table 5: Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Phase III Clinical Pipeline, 2010 39
Table 6: Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Phase II Clinical Pipeline, 2010 40
Table 7: Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Phase I Clinical Pipeline, 2010 40
Table 8: Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Preclinical Pipeline, 2010 40
Table 9: List of Discontinued Drugs for Angina Pectoris, 2010 41
Table 10: Cardium Therapeutics, Inc. Cardiovascular Pipeline Products, 2010 46
Table 11: Bayer Healthcare AG Cardiovascular Pipeline Products, 2010 49
Table 12: Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Cardiovascular Pipeline Products, 2010 51
Table 13: Cytokinetics, Inc. Cardiovascular Pipeline Products, 2010 53
Table 14: Lacer S.A Laboratories Cardiovascular Pipeline Products, 2010 54
Table 15: Circ Pharma Cardiovascular Pipeline Products, 2010 56
List of Chart
Figure 1: Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenue ($bn), 2001-2009 8
Figure 2: Angina Pectoris Therapeutics, Global, Market Forecast ($bn), 2009-2017 9
Figure 3: Opportunity and Unmet Need in the Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Market 11
Figure 4: Strategic Competitor Assessment of the Major Marketed Products in Angina Pectoris, 2010 14
Figure 5: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Pipeline, 2010 28
Figure 6: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Pipeline Description, 2010 29
Figure 7: Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Pipeline by Mechanism of Action, 2010 38
Figure 8: Angina Pectoris Pipeline by Phase of Development, 2010 39
Figure 9: Implications for Future Market Competition in the Angina Pectoris Market, 2010 44
Figure 10: Angina Pectoris Therapeutics Market Pipeline by Company, 2010 45
Figure 11: GlobalData Market Forecasting Model, 2010 61
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.