Alternative Financial Credit Scoring-Thematic Research
- February 2021
- 38 pages
Alternative lenders and big tech have developed fundamentally new
approaches to credit assessment, incorporating a wider variety of data
sources such as history of utility bill payments, rent payments, repayments
to payday lenders, social media data, browsing and search history,
employment history, educational background, and even psychometric testing.
This report explores the alternative approaches to credit scoring that are
being deployed in the financial services industry.
The market for alternative credit scoring comprises a vast ecosystem of provider types and business models. Much of it exists, by definition, outside of traditional financial services in the form of alternative lenders, niche fintech providers, and big tech. However, incumbent banks are also innovating, while challenger banks and credit bureaus are launching a variety of new data-driven decision-making techniques - especially in emerging markets.
- Amid COVID-19, the millions of otherwise careful, frugal customers, who scored well under traditional models have become non-creditworthy. Continued reliance on traditional risk measures could prove pro-cyclical, choking off credit supply for those struggling small businesses that will be so critical to economic recover.
- Big data technology allows alternative lenders to collect and use a larger volume and variety of data points. For example, Ant Financial and Mercado Libre claim that their credit quality assessment typically involves more than 1,000 data series per loan applicant.
- Digital technologies - cloud, robotic process automation, big data - help digital lenders process massive loan volumes quickly and restructure loans at minimal marginal costs.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the key technology, macroeconomic, political, and regulatory trends driving alternative credit scoring.
- Access the latest consumer survey data on evolving channel behavior, provider preferences, and product holding.
- Understand key competitive inroads for alternative lenders to gain market share.
- Understand market share and growth prospects for niche fintech and big tech lenders.
- Access firm-level/case study insight on leading fintech credit risk partners for incumbent banks.
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
Table of Contents
Macroeconomic and political trends
Market size and growth forecasts
Mergers and acquisitions
Niche fintech/alternative lenders
Niche fintech/alternative lenders
Banking sector scorecard
Our thematic research methodology
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Banking
Financial ServicesConsumers And The Economic Outlook - US - January 2020