GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, “Allergic Conjunctivitis - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017”. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global allergic Conjunctivitis market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global allergic Conjunctivitis market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global allergic Conjunctivitis sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimated the allergic conjunctivitis market in 2009 to be worth $1,327m. Allergic conjunctivitis is the most common type of eye allergy and is widely experienced by the global population. The incidence appears to be on the increase, possibly due to air pollution and allergens worldwide. The global allergic conjunctivitis market in 2009 primarily consisted of drug classes which included anti-histamines and mast cell stabilizers. The market remains well-served with more than five products, which are significantly efficacious in their respective target areas. Overall, between 2009 and 2017, the allergic conjunctivitis market is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of only 4.4% and reach $1,867m by 2017.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the allergic Conjunctivitis market. Its scope includes:
- Annualized global allergic Conjunctivitis market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as histamine antagonist and mast cell stabilizers, immune system modulators, glucocorticoid receptor antagonists and Leutocyte elastate inhibitors.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global allergic Conjunctivitis market. Key market players covered are Alcon Inc, Allergan, ISTA pharmaceuticals, Bosch and Lomb, Vistakon, Merck and co. and Roxall Medizin Gmbh.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the allergic Conjunctivitis therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global allergic Conjunctivitis market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global allergic Conjunctivitis market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global allergic Conjunctivitis market landscape? - Identify, understand and capitalize.
Table of Content:
1 Table of contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 4
1.2 List of Figures 4
2 Allergic Conjunctivitis Market: Market Characterization 5
2.1 Disease Overview 5
2.2 Symptoms 5
2.3 Treatment 6
2.3.1 Allergic Conjunctivitis Major Different Classes of Drug Description 6
2.4 GlobalData Pipeline Report Guidance 7
3 Allergic Conjunctivitis Market: Market Characterization 8
3.1 Allergic Conjunctivitis Market Size 8
3.2 Allergic Conjunctivitis Market Forecast and CAGR 8
3.3 Drivers and Barriers for the Allergic Conjunctivitis Market 10
3.3.1 Drivers for the Allergic Conjunctivitis Market 10
3.3.2 Barriers for the Allergic Conjunctivitis Market 10
3.4 Opportunity and Unmet Need 11
3.5 Key Takeaway 12
4 Allergic Conjunctivitis Market: Competitive Assessment 13
4.1 Overview 13
4.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 13
4.3 Product Profiles of the Major Marketed Products in the Allergic Conjunctivitis Market 14
4.3.1 Pataday (olopatadine hydrochloride ophthalmic solution) 0.2% 14
4.3.2 Patanol/Opatanol (olopatadine hydrochloride ophthalmic solution) 0.1% 15
4.3.3 Elestat (epinastine HCl ophthalmic solution) 0.05% 16
4.3.4 Alomide (lodoxamide tromethamine ophthalmic solution) 0.1% 17
4.4 Key Takeaway 18
5 Allergic Conjunctivitis Market: Pipeline Assessment 19
5.1 Overview 19
5.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 19
5.2.1 Technology Trends Analytic Framework 19
5.3 Allergic Conjunctivitis Therapeutics Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 20
5.4 Molecule Profile for Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 21
5.4.1 SCH 697243 21
5.4.2 Grass Pollen Allergoid 21
5.4.3 SAR 1118 22
5.5 Allergic Conjunctivitis Market Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action 23
5.6 Allergic Conjunctivitis Pipeline by Clinical Phases of Development 24
5.6.1 Allergic Conjunctivitis Therapeutics Filed Molecules in Clinical Pipeline 24
5.6.2 Allergic Conjunctivitis Therapeutics Phase III Clinical Pipeline 25
5.6.3 Allergic Conjunctivitis Therapeutics Phase II Clinical Pipeline 25
5.6.4 Allergic Conjunctivitis Therapeutics Pre-Clinical Pipeline 25
5.7 Key Takeaway 25
6 Allergic Conjunctivitis Market: Implications for Future Market Competition 26
7 Allergic Conjunctivitis Market: Future Players in the Allergic Conjunctivitis Market 28
7.1 Introduction 28
7.2 Merck & Co., Inc. 28
7.2.1 Company Overview 28
7.2.2 Business Description 29
7.2.3 Financial Performance 30
7.2.4 Ophthalmic Portfolio 30
7.3 Roxall Medizin GmbH 30
7.3.1 Company Overview 30
7.3.2 Ophthalmic Portfolio 31
7.4 Allergopharma Joachim Ganzer KG 31
7.5 7.4.1 Company Overview 31
8 Allergic Conjunctivitis Market: Appendix 32
8.1 Market Definitions 32
8.2 Scope of Pipeline Research 32
8.3 Abbreviations 32
8.4 Research Methodology 33
8.4.1 Coverage 33
8.4.2 Secondary Research 34
8.4.3 Forecasting 34
8.4.4 Primary Research 37
8.4.5 Expert Panels 37
8.5 Contact Us 37
8.6 Disclaimer 37
8.7 Sources 38
List of Table
Table 1: Allergic Conjunctivitis Therapeutics, Global, Revenue ($m), 2001-2009 9
Table 2: Allergic Conjunctivitis Therapeutics, Global, Market Forecast ($m), 20092017 9
Table 3: Marketed Products Analysis in Allergic Conjunctivitis Market, 2010 18
Table 4: Allergic Conjunctivitis Therapeutics Most Promising Drugs under Clinical Development, 2010 20
Table 5: Allergic Conjunctivitis Therapeutics Filed Molecule, 2010 24
Table 6: Allergic Conjunctivitis Therapeutics Phase III Clinical Pipeline, 2010 25
Table 7: Allergic Conjunctivitis Therapeutics Phase II Clinical Pipeline, 2010 25
Table 8: Allergic Conjunctivitis Therapeutics Pre-Clinical Pipeline, 2010 25
Table 8: Merck & Co., Inc Marketed Products, 2010 30
Table 9: Merck & Co., Inc Pipeline Products, 2010 30
Table 10: Roxall Medizin GmbH Pipeline Products, 2010 31
Table 11: Allergopharma Pipeline Products, 2010 31
List of Chart
Figure 1: Allergic Conjunctivitis Therapeutics, Global, Revenue ($m), 20012009 8
Figure 2: Allergic Conjunctivitis Therapeutics, Global, Market Forecast ($m), 20092017 9
Figure 3: Opportunity and Unmet Need in the Allergic Conjunctivitis Therapeutics Market 11
Figure 4: Strategic Competitor Assessment of the Marketed Products for Allergic Conjunctivitis, 2010 13
Figure 5: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the Allergic Conjunctivitis Pipeline, 2010 19
Figure 6: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the Allergic Conjunctivitis Pipeline Description, 2010 20
Figure 7: Allergic Conjunctivitis Market Clinical Pipeline by Mechanism of Action, 2010 23
Figure 8: Allergic Conjunctivitis Pipeline by Phase of Clinical Development, 2010 24
Figure 9: Implications for Future Market Competition in the Allergic Conjunctivitis Therapeutics Market, 2010 26
Figure 10: Allergic Conjunctivitis Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Company, 2010 28
Figure 11: GlobalData Market Forecasting Model 36
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.