GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, Acute Heart Failure Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global Acute Heart Failure market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global Acute Heart Failure market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global Acute Heart Failure sector.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalDatas team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimates the acute heart failure (AHF) therapeutics market to be valued at $2.6 billion in 2009. The market is estimated to grow up to $3.2 billion in 2017, with a CAGR of 2.5%. Growth in the AHF market will be driven by the increasing number of patients. New drugs might not impact the annual cost of therapy as most of the AHF patients continue their treatment after hospitalization. The US is the largest market for AHF and it contributes to approximately 45% of the global market.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the Acute Heart Failure market. Its scope includes:
- Annualized global Acute Heart Failure market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as Vasopressin V2 receptor antagonist, Renin Inhibitor, Loop Diuretic, NPR-B Agonist ,SGC Activator, cGMP-activator, Na+/K+ ATPase Inhibitor.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global Acute Heart Failure market. Key market players covered are Biogen Idec, Novartis, Nile Therapeutics, Bayer AG, Cardioxyl Pharma, Pharis biotech, Debiopharm.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the Acute Heart Failure therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Acute Heart Failure market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global Acute Heart Failure market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- Whats the next big thing in the global Acute Heart Failure market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Table of Content
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 4
1.2 List of Figures 4
2 Acute Heart Failure: Disease Overview 5
2.1 Overview 5
2.1.1 Etiology 6
2.1.2 Clinical Classification 7
2.1.3 Prognosis 7
2.2 Diagnosis 8
2.2.1 Initial Evaluation 8
2.2.2 Diagnostic Tests 9
2.3 Management of Acute Heart Failure 9
2.4 GlobalData Pipeline Report Guidance 11
3 Acute Heart Failure: Market Characterization 12
3.1 Overview 12
3.2 Acute Heart Failure Market Size 12
3.3 Acute Heart Failure Market Forecast and CAGR 13
3.4 Drivers and Barriers for the AHF Market 14
3.4.1 Drivers of the Acute Heart Failure Market 14
3.4.2 Barriers for the Acute Heart Failure Market 14
4 Opportunity and Unmet Need 15
4.1 Key Takeaway 16
5 Acute Heart Failure Market: Competitive Assessment 17
5.1 Overview 17
5.2 Strategic Competitor Assessment 17
5.3 Product Profile for the Major Marketed Products in the Acute Heart Failure Market 18
5.3.1 Natrecor (Nesiritide) 18
5.3.2 Primacor (Milrinone Lactate) 18
5.3.3 Coreg (Carvedilol) 19
5.3.4 Altace (Ramipril) 20
5.3.5 Atacand (Candesartan) 21
5.4 Key Takeaway 22
6 Acute Heart Failure: Pipeline Assessment 23
6.1 Overview 23
6.2 Strategic Pipeline Assessment 23
6.2.1 Technology Trends Analytic Framework 23
6.3 Acute Heart Failure Therapeutics Promising Drugs under Clinical Development 24
6.4 Drugs under Clinical Development 25
6.4.1 Tekturna/Rasilez 25
6.4.2 Lixivaptan 26
6.4.3 Relaxin 26
6.4.4 Cinaciguat 27
6.5 Acute Heart Failure Therapeutics Pipeline by Mechanism of Action 28
6.6 Acute Heart Failure Pipeline Pipeline by Clinical Phases of Development 29
6.6.1 Acute Heart Failure Therapeutics Phase III Clinical Pipeline 29
6.6.2 Acute Heart Failure Therapeutics Phase II Clinical Pipeline 29
6.7 Key Takeaway 30
7 Acute Heart Failure Market: Implications for Future Market Competition 31
8 Acute Heart Failure Market: Future Players in the Acute Heart Failure Market 32
8.1 Introduction 32
8.2 Novartis AG 32
8.2.1 Overview 32
8.2.2 Business Description 33
8.2.3 Cardiovascular Portfolio 34
8.2.4 Acute Heart Failure Product Portfolio 34
8.3 Biogen Idec. 36
8.3.1 Overview 36
8.3.2 Business Description 36
8.3.3 Cardiovascular Portfolio 37
8.3.4 Acute Heart Failure Product Portfolio 37
8.4 Bayer AG 38
8.4.1 Overview 38
8.4.2 Business Description 38
8.4.3 Cardiovascular Portfolio 39
8.4.4 Acute Heart Failure Product Portfolio 39
9 Acute Heart Failure Market: Appendix 41
9.1 Definitions 41
9.2 Abbreviations 41
9.3 Research Methodology 42
9.3.1 Coverage 42
9.3.2 Secondary Research 42
9.3.3 Forecasting 43
9.3.4 Primary Research 46
9.3.5 Expert Panels 46
9.4 Contact Us 46
9.5 Disclaimer 46
9.6 Sources 47
List of Table
Table 1: Causes and Precipitating Factors of Acute Heart Failure 6
Table 2: Drugs for the Treatment of AHF, 2010 10
Table 3: AHF Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenues ($m), 2001-2009 12
Table 4: AHF Therapeutics Market, Global , Revenue Forecasts ($m), 2009-2017 13
Table 5: Major Marketed Product in the Acute Heart Failure Market, 2010 22
Table 6: Acute Heart Failure Therapeutics Promising Drugs Under Clinical Development, 2010 24
Table 7: Acute Heart Failure Therapeutics Phase III Clinical Pipeline, 2010 29
Table 8: Acute Heart Failure Therapeutics Phase II Clinical Pipeline, 2010 29
Table 9: Novartis AG Cardiovascular and Acute Heart Failure Pipeline, 2010 34
Table 10: Biogen Idec. Cardiovascular and Acute Heart Failure Pipeline, 2010 37
Table 11: Bayer AG Cardiovascular and Acute Heart Failure Pipeline, 2010 39
List of Chart
Figure 1: Clinical classification of acute heart failure 7
Figure 2: Evaluation of Patients with Suspected AHF 8
Figure 3: AHF Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenue ($ billion), 20012009 12
Figure 4: AHF Therapeutics Market, Global, Revenue Forecast ($ billion), 2009-2017 13
Figure 5: Opportunity and Unmet Need in the AHF Market 15
Figure 6: Strategic Competitor Assessment of the Major Marketed Products in Acute Heart Failure, 2010 17
Figure 7: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of the Acute Heart Failure Pipeline, 2010 23
Figure 8: Technology Trends Analytic Framework of Acute Heart Failure Pipeline Description, 2010 24
Figure 9: Acute Heart Failure Therapeutics Pipeline by Mechanism of Action, 2010 28
Figure 10: Acute Heart Failure Pipeline by Phase of Clinical Development, 2010 29
Figure 11: Implications for Future Market Competition in the Acute Heart Failure Market, 2010 31
Figure 12: Acute Heart Failure Therapeutics Market Clinical Pipeline by Company, 2010 32
Figure 13: GlobalData Market Forecasting Model 45