5 Industries in Crisis due COVID-19 pandemic-Oil and Gas, Automotive, Healthcare, Food and Tourism beyond Q2
- July 2020
- Industry Profile
- 27 pages
Q2 2020 saw what will hopefully be the most severe and sudden impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on global industries. Pharmaceutical companies are predicting that a widely-distributed vaccination for the virus could take 18 months or longer, and it is widely expected that a new normal of suppressed economic activity will persist at least until then. There are likely to be many permanent hangovers from that new normal even after a lasting solution is found to the health crisis, both in consumer behavior and the ways that businesses operate. This report considers the likely longterm impacts on five of the worst-hit industries, in the allbut-certain event of a prolonged new normal.
- The oil & gas industry has seen several large bankruptcies in Q2 2020. The peak levels of debt behind these bankruptcies, particularly in the US, will be a long-term issue, and the bigger players which survive 2020 are likely to sweep up assets in a wave of consolidation. COVID-19s coincidence with growing intensity from climate change movements - with governments facing protests and firms seeing massive divestment - is yet another case of bad timing in this sector, particularly for oil producers.
- The impact on the automotive industry of restrictions to halt the pandemic has been more comprehensive than most. This is due to the vulnerability of its complex supply chain. Consumer behavior could remain unfavorable to this sector long after lockdowns are lifted, meaning that conventional strategies are no longer effective.
- As global restrictions have abruptly curtailed travel across and even within borders, transportation has been the hardest-hit segment of the travel and tourism industry. Lodging has shown signs of a less drawn-out recovery, having greater adaptability to pandemic conditions. Losses in the airlines segment will be sustained through the long-term and demand remains subdued and financially-strained companies join a growing list of airline bankruptcies. Of the areas covered in this report, the travel & tourism industrys cruises segment looks to be facing the most serious existential threat, without financial support in its biggest market.
- Learn what industries have been hit the hardest by the global recession
- See the extent of the damage in those areas
- Understand whether these industries will be able to recover moving forward
- Learn just measures could help these industries to recover
Reasons to Buy
- What industries are facing severe difficulties?
- Why have COVID public health measures effected them so badly?
- Is the damage long term, or can any of them recover quickly?
- What measures need to be put in place in order for them to return to growth?
Have query on this report?Make an Enquiry
The team was the biggest help to us. Not only were we provided with customized solutions but also we were guided through the most complicated situations. The information was on-point yet comprehensive. The experience was absolutely satisfying and helped us turn many challenges into opportunities.
Ours is a startup with a unique set of challenges and we were therefore hesitant but the team totally put us at ease with their knowledge and expertise. Our business and its challenges were understood perfectly and help was extended accordingly. The tailor made approach really helped us gain the most informative insights.
The report repository is absolutely impressive –updated and exhaustive in terms of markets covered and information provides. Besides, with the support extended to us by the team, we could reduce costs as well as move to sustainable growth. This really helped us tap into new opportunities. Happy to have gone ahead with ResearchMos.us.
We have had a long term engagement with ResearchMoz.us and never have we felt that the work done and help extended were below flawless. The report repository is one of the best one can hope to tap into. Recently, our partner businesses opted for consultancy services and they are all thrilled with the outcome.
Insights from reports helped us improve our profit margins significantly. Most of the knowledge we needed on the market were provided to us on a granular basis. From trends, and drivers to competitive analysis, the information was not just crisp but also insightful. That helped us chart a robust growth strategy and as of now we are happy to state that we are reaping big benefits.
More from Industry Profile
Industry ProfileFlame Retardants Markets in China
Industry ProfileSituation of Major Competitor Companies
Industry ProfileEmirates Post Group Holding Market Share Study