Published by Canadean, the West Europe Bulk/HOD Water Report 2012 provides a detailed analysis of the bulk/HOD water market in West Europe, with data at a regional and individual country level, including forecasts to 2015
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The West Europe Bulk/HOD Water Report 2012 is an essential guide for anyone with an interest in the bulk/HOD water market and forms part of Canadean's best selling series of global soft drinks reports.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
In almost all markets in the region, bulk/HOD water per capita consumption is falling, and is expected to continue to do so throughout the forecast period. Off-premise share is at its global lowest in Western Europe.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Competition from POU systems is set to pose an increasingly significant threat to consumption. On-premise holds 98% of the market in the region as it is a more affluent area.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The report comprises of data tables and supporting text, providing information at a regional and country level. The report is compiled from Canadean's extensive global soft drinks databases which are researched individually by country using our specialist researchers 'on the ground'. Comprising of 16individual country profiles, plus a regional summary, the report provides an invaluable guide to the latest trends and forecasts in the bulk/HOD water category.
Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- Dataincludesconsumption volumes (million litres and litres per capita)from 2006 to 2011, plus forecasts to 2015 by country.
- Percentage market shares are provided for segmentation data, packaging dataand distribution (2010 and 2011 actuals, plus 2012 forecasts).
- Leading companies' market shares for 2010 and 2011 are provided.
- A market valuation is provided for eachcountry and, where applicable, new products in 2011 are identified by country.
- Supporting text includes commentary on current and emerging trends, segmentation, packaging, distribution, pricing/valuation and where applicable, functional products and private label
- As the economy suffers, many clients are ending their contracts in a bid to reduce costs, as can be seen in Finland.
- Marketing in France consists solely of business-to-business deals and partnerships.
- Although some producers, such as in France and Denmark, can fill smaller packaging, there is no clear on-going demand for them as of yet.
- Increasing fuel prices have put further pressure on the category. The higher cost of oil was passed on to clients, in addition to rising delivery costs.
- Throughout West Europe there is little innovation, with no functional products being present on the market. It is thought though, that eventually, for example in Germany, vitamin or oxygen-enhanced waters could be brought in to offices and medical institutions.
- Bulk/HOD water benefitted from the positive development of the German economy and the increase in away from home activities.
- Some players are developing smaller (1,000-1,100cl) bottles in the Republic of Ireland, as the traditional 1,900cl bottle is quite heavy to lift and insert into the cooler unit and companies are wary of office health and safety issues. Currently volumes are negligible however.
- In Switzerland, the focus on local water sources is important for both product distribution and brand identity for consumers.
- Suppliers began to undertake more marketing in Germany in 2011. Activities focused on product trials and giving discounts or prizes to customers for recommending a friend (e.g. Nestl Waters Direct).
- In Portugal bulk/HOD water companies continued to face the threat of supermarket retail chains, which deliver large formats of packaged water to homes and offices.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Regional Summary - Bulk/HOD Water Data Tables
Consumption (Million Litres) By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Litres per Capita Consumption By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
8oz Servings per Capita Consumption By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Consumption (Million Cases) By Region/Country, 2006-2015F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Top Flavors, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Still vs. Carbonated, 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Top Packaging Materials, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Segment: Refillable vs. Non-Refillable, By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Consumption by Pack Mix: Single-Serve (<=60cl) vs. Multi-Serve(>60cl), By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Share of Distribution: Off-Premise (Retail/At Home) vs. On-Premise (Away from Home), By Region/Country 2010-2012F
Table - Bulk/HOD Water Key Facts
Market Size - Consumption Million Litres, Litres Per Capita, 2011
Growth - CAGR% 06-11, CAGR % 08-11, CAGR% 10-11
Market Value (at Consumer Price), Local Currency/US$, 2011
Segmentation - RTD/non-RTD, % Market Share, 2011
Distribution - Off-Premise/On-Premise, % Market Share, 2011
Packaging - Material, % Market Share, 2011
Chart -Bulk/HOD Water Leading Trademark Owners, 2011
Current and Emerging Trends
Private Label/Private Label Producers
Bulk/HOD Water New Products 2011
Consumption, Million Litres/Litres Per Capita, 2006-2015F
Segments: Flavor, Still vs. Carbonated, RTD,% Market Share, 2010-2012F
Packaging: Material / Non-Refillable vs. Refillable / Multi Serve vs. Single Serve, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Distribution: Off-Premise vs. On-Premise, % Market Share, 2010-2012F
Leading Companies, % Market Share, 2010-2011
WEST EUROPE: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.