The womenswear sector will grow by 15.9% over the next five years. The continued weakness of the pound will drive up import and manufacturing costs, resulting in inflation rising to 2.2% in 2019. With shoppers' discretionary spending limited and retailer price hikes, volumes growth will not reach pre-recession levels between 2016-21.
- 51.7% of womenswear shoppers purchase the category at least once a month, with the highest purchase frequency affiliated with the 16-24s, boosted by fast fashion trends and desire for newness.
- Despite the strong preference for using physical stores, with 89.6% of consumers buying instore and taking items home, the online womenswear market is forecast to reach 34.3% of all spend on womenswear in 2021.
- Friends influence over half of clothing shoppers' style choices, while just 29.6% are influenced by celebrities - ensuring that celebrity collaborations need to be a good fit for a retailer if they are going to provide a sales boost.
- Value for money is the biggest purchase motivator for clothing, followed closely by price and then quality. Showcasing value for money will be vital for retailers over the next few years as shoppers make more considered purchases as shoppers' discretionary spend is restricted.
- Market size and five year forecast; a look at the total market size and forecast size for womenswear in the UK, with subsector market sizes and forecasts for underwear and outerwear.
- An overview on the drivers and inhibitors of the UK womenswear market.
- Summary of the main issues in the womenswear market
- Strategies for success
- Market size and forecast 2011-21e
- Expenditure breakdown by value, midmarket and premium
- Spend per head and by age group for 2016-21e
- Channel split for 2011, 2016e and 2021e.
- Market shares for top 10 womenswear retailers in the UK
- Retailer profiles for Arcadia, HandM, MandS, Next, Primark, Debenhams, Sainsbury's and Zara.
- Most shopped retailers by sub category
- Online market size and forecast 2011-21e
Reasons To Buy
- Utilise the detailed data and insight on the market to help form an effective growth strategy in the womenswear sector
- Learn how Brexit will impact spend in the sector, and how retailers can encourage shoppers to spend via differentiation and a focus on quality.
- Identify the opportunities to grow business in this sector by comparing strategies of the key players in the market and their performance metrics
- Understand how spend per head will change over the coming years, and learn which age groups will be most lucrative to target
- Understand consumers' views on how the weather impacts their shopping behaviour in order to minimize its detrimental impact.
Table of Content
UK Womenswear Market 2016-21
The hot issues
What people buy
Where people shop
How people shop
Why people shop
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.
Insect repellent apparel is rather new to the market and has already taken the market by storm. An increasing trend of insect borne diseases has been noticed in the gradual globalization, where endemic insect borne diseases of the tropical and sub tropical regions of the world are spreading in temperate regions such as North America and Western Europe. Some causes of this phenomenon could be attributed to the increasing trade activities a...
Medical protective clothing is considered as a clothing product that protects medical professionals from harmful pathogens. Medical protective clothing is not only protects medical professionals but also patients from possible contamination by non-sterile garments. There are various types of protective attire available in the market that is used to cover every part of the body. Medical professionals choose medical protective clothing according ...
Coated fabrics are those which have a synthetic coating of high performance materials like polyester, nylon, and PVC over the fibers to increase their existing quality. These fabrics are of various varieties depending on their composition and formulation and are easy and safe to use. They have a wide range of domestic as well as industrial applications. The coated fabrics market has a massive growth potential based on a variety of ...