Therapeutic vaccines function by triggering a body immune response against a disease. The global therapeutic vaccines market was valued at USD 292 million in 2011. The introduction of therapeutic vaccines has opened up new avenues in the field of chronic disease treatment and prophylactic immunization. Provenge was the first U.S. FDA approved immunotherapy drug to treat prostate cancer in men in 2010, which has encouraged rigorous research and development initiatives by pharmaceutical companies to develop novel vaccines for untapped disease segments. As a result of these initiatives, many more therapeutic vaccines are currently in the pipeline such as breast cancer vaccine, lung cancer vaccine; Alzheimer’s vaccine, malaria vaccine, and diabetes vaccine are expected to be introduced in the market during the period from 2012 to 2018.
The market is currently facing growth hindrances as R&D approaches, and regulatory and reimbursement policies are inconspicuous owing to the nascent nature of the market. However, regulatory bodies are working enthusiastically to lay out policies and growth strategies, due to the fact that it holds the potential to solve or curb chronic diseases, with no currently available treatments, such as HIV AIDS.
Four components hold imperative importance in designing a therapeutic vaccine:
- Antigens: These are substances that evoke an immune response from the body and are responsible for the production of antibodies
- Adjuvants: These are immunological agents that help in modifying the effects of a drug or vaccine. Companies are now engaged in designing new adjuvants that will help in enhancing the immunogenicity of an antigen
- Cost effective production systems for vaccines
- Designing innovative drug delivery devices to enhance vaccine efficacy
The North American therapeutic vaccine market is expected to generate the maximum revenue in the global market during the forecasted period due to the presence of efficient R&D facilities and sophisticated medical infrastructures. The market is segmented into three major application segments namely oncology, infectious diseases and other chronic disorders. The therapeutic vaccine market with oncology applications market held the majority of the market share in 2011, as most of the research and development exercises are expected to be directed towards this segment during 2012 to 2018.
Merck and GSK have strong therapeutic vaccine product pipelines and are expected to perform better during 2012 to 2018 than their competitors who have fewer products in the pipeline. Some of the other key players of the market include Sanofi-Pasteur, Cytos Biotechnology AG, and Intellect Neurosciences.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.