The TD-LTE Ecosystem: 2014 - 2020 - Infrastructure, Devices, Subscriptions & Operator Revenue
Published Date » 2014-01-06
No. Of Pages » 276
FDD still remains the prevalent standard for LTE deployment as a natural progression path for GSM, W-CDMA and CDMA network operators. However, unpaired TDD spectrum costs significantly less per MHz/population than its FDD equivalent and is more widely available.
Driven by the technology’s lower deployment costs and spectrum availability, the industry witnessed several prominent TD-LTE network deployments over the past three years including SoftBank in Japan, Sprint in the US and Bharti Airtel in India.
More than 60 operators have committed to deploy TD-LTE networks throughout the globe. Furthermore, all major device OEMs, including smartphone leaders Apple and Samsung, have commercially launched TD-LTE compatible devices. A major proportion of these devices support both TDD and FDD modes of operation over multiple frequency bands.
China Mobile’s TD-LTE network launch will enable the TD-LTE ecosystem to reach a significant scale of economy, which will boost further infrastructure and device investments in TD-LTE technology. China Mobile’s TD-LTE network is expected to have 500,000 base stations in operation by the end of 2014.
Driven by the thriving ecosystem, TD-LTE infrastructure investments on macrocell and small cell equipment are expected to grow at a CAGR of 15% over the next 6 years, eventually reaching $13 Billion by the end of 2020.
The “TD-LTE Ecosystem: 2014 – 2020 – Infrastructure, Devices, Subscriptions & Operator Revenue” report presents an in-depth assessment of the TD-LTE market including key market drivers, challenges, operator revenue potential, infrastructure/device deployment commitments, future roadmap, value chain, expert interviews, vendor strategies and strategic recommendations. The report also presents revenue and shipment market size and forecasts for both infrastructure and devices, along with subscription and service revenue projections for the LTE market as a whole, as well as separate projections for the TD-LTE and LTE FDD sub-markets from 2014 through to 2020. Historical figures are also presented for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
The report has the following key findings:
- TD-LTE infrastructure investments on macrocell and small cell equipment are expected to grow at a CAGR of 15% over the next 6 years, eventually reaching $13 Billion by the end of 2020
- By 2020, TD-LTE subscriptions will also reach nearly 1 Billion, and account for over $230 Billion in service revenues
- 2014 will see large scale commercialization of TD-LTE capable smartphones. TD-LTE device shipments will surpass 100 Million in 2014 alone, driven by recent and upcoming TD-LTE smartphone launches
- Utilizing 3.5 GHz and above TDD spectrum bands can significantly improve network performance and help operators in leveraging new technologies such as LTE Hotspot Improvements (LTE-Hi)
- 2014 will see a significant improvement in the scale of economy for the TD-LTE ecosystem, and tighter integration between TDD and FDD
- Huawei currently leads the TD-LTE infrastructure market share. However, Ericsson is expected to capitalize on upcoming deployments opportunities in both Europe and Asia
The report covers the following topics:
- TD-LTE infrastructure
- TD-LTE devices
- TD-LTE spectrum
- TD-LTE subscriptions and service revenues
- TD-LTE network deployment case studies
- Market drivers and barriers
- TD-LTE infrastructure and device vendor assessment
- Wireless network infrastructure industry roadmap and value chain
- Company profiles and strategies of TD-LTE ecosystem players
- Interview transcripts from two leading players in the TD-LTE ecosystem; Intel and Sequans
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2014 till 2020
- Strategic recommendations for TD-LTE operators, infrastructure and device vendors
Historical Revenue & Forecast Segmentation:
- Market forecasts and historical revenue/unit shipment/subscription figures are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
- LTE Infrastructure Shipments & Revenue
- TD-LTE Macrocell eNodeBs (eNBs)
- LTE FDD Macrocell eNBs
- LTE FDD Small Cells
- TD-LTE Small Cells
- LTE Device Shipments & Revenue
- LTE FDD
- Form Factor (Embedded Cards, Consumer Gadgets, Netbooks, PCs, Routers, Smartphones, Tablets and USB Dongles)
- LTE Subscriptions and Operator Service Revenue
- LTE FDD
The following regional and country markets are also covered:
- Regional Markets
- Asia Pacific
- Eastern Europe
- Latin & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Western Europe
- Top 20 Country Markets
- Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, UK and USA
Key Questions Answered:
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
- How big is the TD-LTE ecosystem?
- How is the TD-LTE ecosystem evolving by segment and region? What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- Who are the key TD-LTE vendors and what are their strategies?
- What strategies should be adopted by wireless carriers, infrastructure and device vendors to remain a dominant market force in the TD-LTE ecosystem?
- How much are vendors and operators investing in TD-LTE?
- How low is the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of a TD-LTE deployment in comparison to a FDD LTE network?
- What opportunities exist for TD-LTE small cells in the 3.5 GHz and above spectrum bands?
- How will TD-LTE ARPU evolve overtime?
- Which countries will see the highest number of TD-LTE subscriptions?
- Will all WiMAX operators transition to TD-LTE?
List of Tables
List of Figures
Nano-biotechnology Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
The branch of nanotechnology that deals with the study of biological and biochemical applications is known as nano-biotechnology. The study indulges mostly into deeply classifying the elements of living things or organisms and then modifying the same into nano products. Nano-biotechnology is a vital element boosting the new developments in the field of biotechnology. Biological research coupled with nano-technology continuously leads to the development of new inventions. The formulation of concepts in nano-biotechnology involves the following: Devices...
Preventive Healthcare Technologies, Products & Services Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends And Forecast, 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Preventive healthcare technology refers to a very broad range of products and services used on a regular basis for diagnosis, monitoring, and control of diseases ranging from minor colds to major ailments such as breast cancer, heart attacks, and stroke etc. This broad range of devices can be used through a mobile platform and as independent technologies as well. Patients suffering from chronic pain can reduce it, diabetics can map their doses and the effects over long periods and understand if their condition is worsening or improving. The market covers technologies from monitoring...
Household Paper Products Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
By - Transparency Market Research
Household paper product market includes household disposable paper products such as facial tissue, paper towels, toilet tissue, cups & plates and paper napkins. Household paper products are used for maintaining proper hygiene and cleanliness. Health concerns regarding infectious diseases and allergy has been a major factor in the growth of household paper products market. Over the last five years, the market has shown a momentous growth since demand for paper products has increased mainly due to the raising concerns for hygiene and cleanliness. In addition, there is a...
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
Alternative Payment Method
- Kables Market Opportunity Forecast to 2018: Enterprise Communications
- Kables Market Opportunity Forecasts to 2018: Information Management
- Future of the Japanese Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2019
- Global Database of Mining Machinery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of Construction Machinery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Construction and Mining Machinery Markets in the Top 5 Asian Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Construction and Mining Machinery Markets in the Top 5 European Countries to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Construction and Mining Machinery Market to 2018 - Market Size, Top 10 Countries, Trends, and Forecasts
- Construction and Mining Machinery Markets in Americas to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Construction and Mining Machinery Markets in Asia to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
US Chipmaker Freescale Loses 20 Employees Onboard Malaysian Airlines Flight
Mar 10, 2014
American chipmaker Freescale Semiconductor has said that 20 of its employees were travelling in the Malaysian Airlines flight that disappeared off the coast of Vietnam. A company spokesperson said that these employees were engaged in sophisticated work at Freescale. The airplane had 239 passengers on board MH370. While most of these engineers from Freescale were engineers, the others were...
Global Concerns Rise over the Discovery of Four New Man-Made Ozone-Damaging Chemicals in the Upper Atmosphere
Mar 10, 2014
A new study reports the discovery of four new man-made chemicals with the capability of destroying the ozone layer in the upper atmosphere. If the concentrations of these chemicals keep increasing in the atmosphere, the current rate of recovery of the ozone hole may also hamper. Ever since an international treaty, called the Montreal Protocol, was created in the year 1989 to...
Solar Power Generation Reaches Record High in the U.S. in 2013
Mar 6, 2014
Solar power accounted for an even larger share in the total volume of electricity generated in the United Sates in 2013. According to a latest report published by the Solar Energy Industries Association along with GTM Research suggests that this form of energy is increasingly becoming a part of the main stream U.S. power grid. So, it is not surprising that the production of solar...
Reynolds focus on Lorillard tobacco bid
Mar 5, 2014
U.S. tobacco giant - Reynolds American has stated a bid for its biggest rival Lorillard in the market. This bid has set quakes on the global tobacco market that is already being remodeled by declining smoking rates and growth of electronic cigarettes. Lorillard shares closed at 9.3 percent at $53.61 early Monday, giving a market value of $19.6bn. Reynolds bid could not be fairly...
Ecommerce to be New Growth Driver in Chinese Economy
Mar 4, 2014
Chinese ecommerce companies are set to make it big in the coming years with the market for ecommerce in China likely to grow to a whopping value of USD 8.17 trillion by 2020. This is what the vice-president of Alibaba estimates. China has largely been an export oriented society and it is online retail that is currently enabling the country to make a shift from this status. The...