The Family Office Report 2013
Published Date » 2013-04-12
No. Of Pages » 74
- This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the worldwide family office market.
- A family office is defined as a wealth management company that focuses on a single HNWI or a small group of selected HNW clients.
This report reviews the global family office industry. It also includes family office lists for over 30 countries.
- Size of the global family office industry in 2012
- Lists of major family offices for over 30 countries
- Competitive landscape of the global family office sector
- Profiles on the world’s largest 20 family offices
- Case studies on wealthy European families with single family offices
- Future prospects for the family office industry
Reasons To Buy
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
- With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
At the end of 2012:
- Worldwide wealth held by individuals amounted to US$195 trillion.
- There were 16.8 million HNWIs in the world and worldwide HNWI wealth stood at US$66 trillion.
- Assets managed by worldwide wealth managers, private banks and family offices totaled US$19.3 trillion. US$8.3 trillion of this was held in offshore centers.
- There were more than 5,000 family offices operating globally, the majority of which were based in the US and Europe. This includes 2,700 single family offices (SFOs) managing approximately US$1.7 trillion in assets and 2,300 multi-family offices (MFOs) managing US$800 billion in assets.
- Together, the global family office industry managed US$2.5 trillion, which accounted for 13% of global wealth management assets under management (AuM) (US$19.3 trillion) and 3.7% of global HNWI wealth (US$66 trillion).
- There were over 2,900 family offices in the US.
Table of Content
3 Country Profiles
3.1 Australian Family Offices
3.2 Austrian Family Offices
3.3 Belgian Family Offices
3.4 Brazilian Family Offices
3.5 Canadian Family Offices
3.6 Dutch Family Offices
3.1 Finnish Family Offices
3.2 French Family Offices
3.3 German Family Offices
3.4 Guernsey Family Offices
3.5 Indian Family Offices
3.6 Isle of Man Family Offices
3.7 Irish Family Offices
3.8 Israeli Family Offices
3.9 Italian Family Offices
3.10 Japanese Family Offices
3.11 Jersey Family Offices
3.12 Liechtenstein Family Offices
3.13 Luxemburg Family Offices
3.14 Norwegian Family Offices
3.15 Polish Family Offices
3.16 Russian Family Offices
3.17 Singapore Family Offices
3.18 South African Family Offices
3.19 Spanish Family Offices
3.20 Swiss Family Offices
3.21 Turkish Family Offices
3.22 UAE Family Offices
3.23 UK Family Offices
3.24 USA Family Offices
3.25 Other Countries
3.26 Case Study: Wealthy European Families
4 Competitive Landscape of Family Office Sector
5 Largest Family Offices
6 Future Prospects
6.2 Regional Business Trends
6.3 Future Growth
6.4 Huge Potential in Asia
7 Global Wealth Management Statistics
8 About WealthInsight
List of Tables
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: Australia: Multi-Family Offices, 2012
Table 3: Australia: SFOs – State Comparison and Potential
Table 4: Australia: SFOs – Sector Comparison and Potential
Table 5: Australia: SFOs – Top 10 SFOs by AuM
Table 6: Austria: Family Offices, 2012
Table 7: Belgium: Family Offices, 2012
Table 8: Brazil: Family Offices, 2012
Table 9: Canada: Family Offices, 2012
Table 10: The Netherlands: Family Offices, 2012
Table 11: Finland: Family Offices, 2012
Table 12: France: Multi-Family Offices, 2012
Table 13: Germany: Family Offices by City, 2012
Table 14: Germany: Family Offices, 2012
Table 15: Guernsey: Family Offices, 2012
Table 16: India: Family Offices, 2012
Table 17: Isle of Man: Family Offices, 2012
Table 18: Ireland: Family Offices, 2012
Table 19: Israel: Family Offices, 2012
Table 20: Italy: Family Offices, 2012
Table 21: Japan: Family Offices, 2012
Table 22: Jersey: Family Offices, 2012
Table 23: Liechtenstein: Family Offices, 2012
Table 24: Luxemburg: Family Offices, 2012
Table 25: Norway: Family Offices, 2012
Table 26: Poland: Wealth Managers and Family Offices, 2012
Table 27: Russia: Multi-Family Offices, 2011
Table 28: Singapore: Family Offices, 2012
Table 29: South Africa: Family Offices, 2012
Table 30: Spain: Family Offices, 2012
Table 31: Switzerland: Asset Allocation of Typical Single Family Office, 2011
Table 32: Switzerland: Family Offices, 2012
Table 33: Turkey: Wealth Managers and Family Offices, 2012
Table 34: UAE: Family Offices, 2012
Table 35: UK: Major Multi-Family Offices, 2012
Table 36: UK: Major Single-Family Offices, 2012
Table 37: The US: Family Offices, 2011
Table 38: The US: Family Offices by City, 2011
Table 39: Rest of the World: Family Offices, 2012
Table 40: Europe: Major Single-Family Offices, 2012
Table 41: Europe: Major Single-Family Offices, 2012 (continued)
Table 42: Top 20 Global Family Offices, 2011
Table 43: Global: Offshore Centers by AuM (US$ Billion), 2011
Table 44: Global: Major Countries by AuM (US$ Billion) 2011
Table 45: Global: AuM Compared to HNWI Wealth by Major Country (US$ Billion), 2011
Table 46: Global: Other Countries by AuM (US$ Billion), 2011
List of Figures
Figure 1: HNWI Wealth Band Definitions
Figure 2: Wealth Management Industry – Maturity Level of Players
Figure 3: Australia: SFOs – Geographical Location by Region
Figure 4: Australia: SFOs – State Comparison
Figure 5: Australia: SFOs – By Sector
Figure 6: Australia: SFOs – Sector Comparison
Figure 7: Australia: SFOs – Retail and Fashion vs. Real Estate
Figure 8: Australia: SFOs – Basic Materials and Manufacturing vs. the Services Sector
Online Movie Ticketing Services Market - Global Industry Size, Market Share, Trends, Analysis And Forecasts 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
The online movie ticketing market is forecasted to grow by USD 13.72 billion by the year 2017 with a CAGR of 7.3%. Online movie ticketing industry has revolutionized the traditional ticket booking system and totally changed the consumer habits of buying movie tickets. The online movie ticketing market is experiencing continuous growth due to changing need for entertainment, penetration of internet, more awareness about online services, intensive advertising and many more. Some supporting factors which drive the market growth are: increasing digitalization, rising disposable...
Mouthwash Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Trends, Analysis, Growth And Forecast, 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Mouthwash is a liquid which comprises of an antiseptic and is used for gargling or rinsing the mouth. Most of the population uses mouthwash in order to prevent dental caries/cavities. A Mouthwash maintains the pH level of mouth, thereby inhibiting the growth rate of oral bacteria. It also helps in curbing tooth decay caused due to oral bacteria. Mouthwash consists of anti-plaque and anti-bacterial agents that kill plaque and THE bacteria that cause cavities, gingivitis, and bad breath. Mouthwash was invented in the 2700 B.C in Ayurveda and in Chinese medicine for the...
Electrosurgical Devices Market - Global Industry Size, Market Share, Trends, Analysis, And Forecasts 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Global electrosurgical devices market is forecasted to grow at an annual growth rate of 5% and reach a market value of USD 1,412.8 million in 2018. This growth is mainly driven by the increasing demand for minimally invasive procedures and technological innovations that are making surgeries safer and least destructive for surrounding tissues. Advancement in technology is helping reduce problems such as collateral damage to tissues, and eschar enhancing the performance of electrosurgery devices. This is leading to greater adoption of these devices in healthcare industry....
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
- Assessment of the Indian Air Conditioner Market 2013
- Assessment of the Indian Washing Machine Market 2013
- Current Dynamics - Australia Automobile Industry 2013
- Power Tools (Industrial Report) - UK - December 2013
- Lifestyles of the Over 55s - China - December 2013
- Global and China Sodium Methoxide Industry 2013 Market Research Report
- Global and China Aspherical Lense Industry 2013 Market Research Report
- Global and China Electronic Grade Epoxy Resin Industry 2013 Market Research Report
- Global and China Zinc Sulfate Industry 2013 Market Research Report
- Global and China Ferrocene Industry 2013 Market Research Report
A New Cloud Computing Solution for the Used Equipment Industry
Dec 6, 2013
The E-commerce technology can be an intricate and a costly affair, but it is pivotal in today's competitive market. This marketplace is a constantly evolving place for several equipment dealers. Hence, the tools that are employed to run a successful business are expensive and unique. EquipOne.com is your one stop destination for used equipment and machinery. It offers worldwide buyers and...
A Saudi Billionaire Invests in Two Major Cement Plants in Ethiopia
Dec 5, 2013
Africa is becoming an attractive prospective for the Arabians, as Mohammed al-Amoudi – Saudi’s biggest private investor plans to construct two more cement factories in Ethiopia, Africa. These plants in Africa will add to the overall $351 million facility al-Amoudi’s MIDROC Derba Cement plant opened in December 2011. The 67-year-old investor told in an interview in the...
U.Ks Energy and Climate Secretary Hints at Major Investments in the Wind Energy Sector
Nov 29, 2013
At a time when no country can afford to ignore green and alternative energy solutions, the U.K. is on the threshold of making major investments in this sector by way of offshore wind projects. This announcement was recently made by Ed Davey, Energy and Climate Change Secretary. This announcement is an indication that the U.K. continues to push for the expansion of low-carbon power...
Dell Looking to Harness Potential of Inland Areas in China for Higher PC Sales
Nov 28, 2013
China's second largest personal computer seller Dell, Inc. sees big profits in moving beyond the urban areas and venturing into smaller cities. This is prompting the personal computer major to take a serious look at inland areas given that the nation is aggressively pushing its urbanization drive that has proven to be a perfect window of opportunity for Dell, Inc. Wang Lijun, who heads...
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants announced its new South Beach Hotel
Nov 28, 2013
Apparently, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurant announced its fourth hotel in downtown Miami – old vamped up in a new one. This hotel is a sheer compliment to the EPIC in Surfcomber Miami, Vero Beach Hotel and Spa, and South Beach in the areas of Miami. Kimpton Hotels & Restaurant management with the Angler’s Boutique Resort in Miami proves its expansion in the South Florida...