The Family Office Report 2013
Published Date » 2013-04-12
No. Of Pages » 74
- This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the worldwide family office market.
- A family office is defined as a wealth management company that focuses on a single HNWI or a small group of selected HNW clients.
This report reviews the global family office industry. It also includes family office lists for over 30 countries.
- Size of the global family office industry in 2012
- Lists of major family offices for over 30 countries
- Competitive landscape of the global family office sector
- Profiles on the world’s largest 20 family offices
- Case studies on wealthy European families with single family offices
- Future prospects for the family office industry
Reasons To Buy
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
- With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
At the end of 2012:
- Worldwide wealth held by individuals amounted to US$195 trillion.
- There were 16.8 million HNWIs in the world and worldwide HNWI wealth stood at US$66 trillion.
- Assets managed by worldwide wealth managers, private banks and family offices totaled US$19.3 trillion. US$8.3 trillion of this was held in offshore centers.
- There were more than 5,000 family offices operating globally, the majority of which were based in the US and Europe. This includes 2,700 single family offices (SFOs) managing approximately US$1.7 trillion in assets and 2,300 multi-family offices (MFOs) managing US$800 billion in assets.
- Together, the global family office industry managed US$2.5 trillion, which accounted for 13% of global wealth management assets under management (AuM) (US$19.3 trillion) and 3.7% of global HNWI wealth (US$66 trillion).
- There were over 2,900 family offices in the US.
Table of Content
3 Country Profiles
3.1 Australian Family Offices
3.2 Austrian Family Offices
3.3 Belgian Family Offices
3.4 Brazilian Family Offices
3.5 Canadian Family Offices
3.6 Dutch Family Offices
3.1 Finnish Family Offices
3.2 French Family Offices
3.3 German Family Offices
3.4 Guernsey Family Offices
3.5 Indian Family Offices
3.6 Isle of Man Family Offices
3.7 Irish Family Offices
3.8 Israeli Family Offices
3.9 Italian Family Offices
3.10 Japanese Family Offices
3.11 Jersey Family Offices
3.12 Liechtenstein Family Offices
3.13 Luxemburg Family Offices
3.14 Norwegian Family Offices
3.15 Polish Family Offices
3.16 Russian Family Offices
3.17 Singapore Family Offices
3.18 South African Family Offices
3.19 Spanish Family Offices
3.20 Swiss Family Offices
3.21 Turkish Family Offices
3.22 UAE Family Offices
3.23 UK Family Offices
3.24 USA Family Offices
3.25 Other Countries
3.26 Case Study: Wealthy European Families
4 Competitive Landscape of Family Office Sector
5 Largest Family Offices
6 Future Prospects
6.2 Regional Business Trends
6.3 Future Growth
6.4 Huge Potential in Asia
7 Global Wealth Management Statistics
8 About WealthInsight
List of Tables
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: Australia: Multi-Family Offices, 2012
Table 3: Australia: SFOs – State Comparison and Potential
Table 4: Australia: SFOs – Sector Comparison and Potential
Table 5: Australia: SFOs – Top 10 SFOs by AuM
Table 6: Austria: Family Offices, 2012
Table 7: Belgium: Family Offices, 2012
Table 8: Brazil: Family Offices, 2012
Table 9: Canada: Family Offices, 2012
Table 10: The Netherlands: Family Offices, 2012
Table 11: Finland: Family Offices, 2012
Table 12: France: Multi-Family Offices, 2012
Table 13: Germany: Family Offices by City, 2012
Table 14: Germany: Family Offices, 2012
Table 15: Guernsey: Family Offices, 2012
Table 16: India: Family Offices, 2012
Table 17: Isle of Man: Family Offices, 2012
Table 18: Ireland: Family Offices, 2012
Table 19: Israel: Family Offices, 2012
Table 20: Italy: Family Offices, 2012
Table 21: Japan: Family Offices, 2012
Table 22: Jersey: Family Offices, 2012
Table 23: Liechtenstein: Family Offices, 2012
Table 24: Luxemburg: Family Offices, 2012
Table 25: Norway: Family Offices, 2012
Table 26: Poland: Wealth Managers and Family Offices, 2012
Table 27: Russia: Multi-Family Offices, 2011
Table 28: Singapore: Family Offices, 2012
Table 29: South Africa: Family Offices, 2012
Table 30: Spain: Family Offices, 2012
Table 31: Switzerland: Asset Allocation of Typical Single Family Office, 2011
Table 32: Switzerland: Family Offices, 2012
Table 33: Turkey: Wealth Managers and Family Offices, 2012
Table 34: UAE: Family Offices, 2012
Table 35: UK: Major Multi-Family Offices, 2012
Table 36: UK: Major Single-Family Offices, 2012
Table 37: The US: Family Offices, 2011
Table 38: The US: Family Offices by City, 2011
Table 39: Rest of the World: Family Offices, 2012
Table 40: Europe: Major Single-Family Offices, 2012
Table 41: Europe: Major Single-Family Offices, 2012 (continued)
Table 42: Top 20 Global Family Offices, 2011
Table 43: Global: Offshore Centers by AuM (US$ Billion), 2011
Table 44: Global: Major Countries by AuM (US$ Billion) 2011
Table 45: Global: AuM Compared to HNWI Wealth by Major Country (US$ Billion), 2011
Table 46: Global: Other Countries by AuM (US$ Billion), 2011
List of Figures
Figure 1: HNWI Wealth Band Definitions
Figure 2: Wealth Management Industry – Maturity Level of Players
Figure 3: Australia: SFOs – Geographical Location by Region
Figure 4: Australia: SFOs – State Comparison
Figure 5: Australia: SFOs – By Sector
Figure 6: Australia: SFOs – Sector Comparison
Figure 7: Australia: SFOs – Retail and Fashion vs. Real Estate
Figure 8: Australia: SFOs – Basic Materials and Manufacturing vs. the Services Sector
Anti-Migraine Drugs Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
By - Transparency Market Research
Antimigraine drugs are the therapeutic agents indicated to use against migraine headaches. Migraine is characterized by recurrent attacks of moderate to severe headaches along with other nervous system symptoms. Migraine is more common in women than men, majorly due to the fluctuations in the harmone levels. According to a Medline article, around 12% of the U.S. population suffers from migraine headaches. The two major types of migraine are classic and common. Classic migraine is characterized by sudden change in eye sight and experience partial blindness or double vision. On the...
Malt Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 - 2019
By - Transparency Market Research
Malt industry includes establishments that produce malt, primarily for the manufacture of alcoholic beverages, such as beer and whisky. They are also used to make confections such as malted shakes, malt vinegar, flavored drinks such as Ovaltine, Horlicks, and Milo, and some baked goods, such as bagels, malt loaf, and rich tea. Malted barley is an ingredient in blended flours specifically used in the manufacture of yeast breads and other baked goods. Malt is often divided into two categories by brewers such as base malts and specialty malts. These both are used to provide...
High Altitude Platforms (HAPs) Technologies Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
High-altitude platform technologies are promising technologies which clubs the benefits of satellite and terrestrial communication systems. HAPs offer broadband communications to user at relatively lower cost. They are featured by low maintenance, easily deployable that is why they offer an excellent alternative for various network operators who are in the search to get maximum coverage that satisfies the increasing demand for higher capacity. HAPS are usually airships, balloons, present within the stratosphere. An enormous interest has grown worldwide to examine their use not...
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
- Global and China Reading Chair Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Refer Table Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Positive PS plate developer powder Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Diethylene glycol diacrylate Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Printed sets of drugs Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- The Mobile Advertising (mAdvertising) Market: 2014 - 2020 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts
- The Mobile Security (mSecurity) Bible: 2014 - 2020 - Device Security, Infrastructure Security & Security Services
- The NFV, SDN & Wireless Network Infrastructure Market: 2014 - 2020
- Global and China Ozone Generator Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Diazo -2,1,4 - salt Industry 2014 Market Research Report
Microsoft to Complete Nokia Purchase by April 25
Apr 23, 2014
The Microsoft-Nokia deal that made headlines when it was announced is finally on its way to being completed. This proves that even the most complex deals do culminate with time. This week, Microsoft announced that it would complete the purchase of a major part of Nokia’s hardware assets by Friday. The much discussed deal-though on the brink of completion-has witnessed some adjustments...
Top End Stereo Systems Maker Harman Targets Chinese Auto Market
Apr 22, 2014
Harman, the U.S.-based audio company that is best known as the provider of automobile stereos for top-end car models such as Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Ferrari, has said that it has signed agreements with two leading Chinese automakers—Chang’An and Geely. The company, that is associated with premium infotainment systems for leading auto makers, said that these new contracts...
Scientists Identify Cure for Dengue
Apr 18, 2014
In a breakthrough discovery that can change the way dengue is treated, scientists have identified a drug target for the deadly dengue viruses. This discovery may help pave the way for discovery of vaccines that can cure this condition that affects nearly 390 million people throughout the world each year. Scientists have used a new technique for this discovery to show that a region...
India is Facing a Cancer Crisis
Apr 15, 2014
India is currently facing a cancer crisis – reports a recent research carried out at the King’s college London, in collaboration with the Tata Memorial Cancer Centre, Mumbai. The reasons estimated for this crisis comprise of increasing rates of smoking, unequal access to proper treatment and belated diagnosis. Every year, India witnesses around one...
Microparticle Tags to Check Counterfeit Goods Invented
Apr 14, 2014
Researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have invented a new set of microparticles that can easily be read by smartphones and establish the authenticity of currency, electronic items and luxury goods. This strategy is among those countless measures taken by big brands and companies to label their legitimate products in order to stop illegal copies of the...