The Family Office Report 2013
Published Date » 2013-04-12
No. Of Pages » 74
- This report is the result of WealthInsight’s extensive research covering the worldwide family office market.
- A family office is defined as a wealth management company that focuses on a single HNWI or a small group of selected HNW clients.
This report reviews the global family office industry. It also includes family office lists for over 30 countries.
- Size of the global family office industry in 2012
- Lists of major family offices for over 30 countries
- Competitive landscape of the global family office sector
- Profiles on the world’s largest 20 family offices
- Case studies on wealthy European families with single family offices
- Future prospects for the family office industry
Reasons To Buy
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
- With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
At the end of 2012:
- Worldwide wealth held by individuals amounted to US$195 trillion.
- There were 16.8 million HNWIs in the world and worldwide HNWI wealth stood at US$66 trillion.
- Assets managed by worldwide wealth managers, private banks and family offices totaled US$19.3 trillion. US$8.3 trillion of this was held in offshore centers.
- There were more than 5,000 family offices operating globally, the majority of which were based in the US and Europe. This includes 2,700 single family offices (SFOs) managing approximately US$1.7 trillion in assets and 2,300 multi-family offices (MFOs) managing US$800 billion in assets.
- Together, the global family office industry managed US$2.5 trillion, which accounted for 13% of global wealth management assets under management (AuM) (US$19.3 trillion) and 3.7% of global HNWI wealth (US$66 trillion).
- There were over 2,900 family offices in the US.
Table of Content
3 Country Profiles
3.1 Australian Family Offices
3.2 Austrian Family Offices
3.3 Belgian Family Offices
3.4 Brazilian Family Offices
3.5 Canadian Family Offices
3.6 Dutch Family Offices
3.1 Finnish Family Offices
3.2 French Family Offices
3.3 German Family Offices
3.4 Guernsey Family Offices
3.5 Indian Family Offices
3.6 Isle of Man Family Offices
3.7 Irish Family Offices
3.8 Israeli Family Offices
3.9 Italian Family Offices
3.10 Japanese Family Offices
3.11 Jersey Family Offices
3.12 Liechtenstein Family Offices
3.13 Luxemburg Family Offices
3.14 Norwegian Family Offices
3.15 Polish Family Offices
3.16 Russian Family Offices
3.17 Singapore Family Offices
3.18 South African Family Offices
3.19 Spanish Family Offices
3.20 Swiss Family Offices
3.21 Turkish Family Offices
3.22 UAE Family Offices
3.23 UK Family Offices
3.24 USA Family Offices
3.25 Other Countries
3.26 Case Study: Wealthy European Families
4 Competitive Landscape of Family Office Sector
5 Largest Family Offices
6 Future Prospects
6.2 Regional Business Trends
6.3 Future Growth
6.4 Huge Potential in Asia
7 Global Wealth Management Statistics
8 About WealthInsight
List of Tables
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: Australia: Multi-Family Offices, 2012
Table 3: Australia: SFOs – State Comparison and Potential
Table 4: Australia: SFOs – Sector Comparison and Potential
Table 5: Australia: SFOs – Top 10 SFOs by AuM
Table 6: Austria: Family Offices, 2012
Table 7: Belgium: Family Offices, 2012
Table 8: Brazil: Family Offices, 2012
Table 9: Canada: Family Offices, 2012
Table 10: The Netherlands: Family Offices, 2012
Table 11: Finland: Family Offices, 2012
Table 12: France: Multi-Family Offices, 2012
Table 13: Germany: Family Offices by City, 2012
Table 14: Germany: Family Offices, 2012
Table 15: Guernsey: Family Offices, 2012
Table 16: India: Family Offices, 2012
Table 17: Isle of Man: Family Offices, 2012
Table 18: Ireland: Family Offices, 2012
Table 19: Israel: Family Offices, 2012
Table 20: Italy: Family Offices, 2012
Table 21: Japan: Family Offices, 2012
Table 22: Jersey: Family Offices, 2012
Table 23: Liechtenstein: Family Offices, 2012
Table 24: Luxemburg: Family Offices, 2012
Table 25: Norway: Family Offices, 2012
Table 26: Poland: Wealth Managers and Family Offices, 2012
Table 27: Russia: Multi-Family Offices, 2011
Table 28: Singapore: Family Offices, 2012
Table 29: South Africa: Family Offices, 2012
Table 30: Spain: Family Offices, 2012
Table 31: Switzerland: Asset Allocation of Typical Single Family Office, 2011
Table 32: Switzerland: Family Offices, 2012
Table 33: Turkey: Wealth Managers and Family Offices, 2012
Table 34: UAE: Family Offices, 2012
Table 35: UK: Major Multi-Family Offices, 2012
Table 36: UK: Major Single-Family Offices, 2012
Table 37: The US: Family Offices, 2011
Table 38: The US: Family Offices by City, 2011
Table 39: Rest of the World: Family Offices, 2012
Table 40: Europe: Major Single-Family Offices, 2012
Table 41: Europe: Major Single-Family Offices, 2012 (continued)
Table 42: Top 20 Global Family Offices, 2011
Table 43: Global: Offshore Centers by AuM (US$ Billion), 2011
Table 44: Global: Major Countries by AuM (US$ Billion) 2011
Table 45: Global: AuM Compared to HNWI Wealth by Major Country (US$ Billion), 2011
Table 46: Global: Other Countries by AuM (US$ Billion), 2011
List of Figures
Figure 1: HNWI Wealth Band Definitions
Figure 2: Wealth Management Industry – Maturity Level of Players
Figure 3: Australia: SFOs – Geographical Location by Region
Figure 4: Australia: SFOs – State Comparison
Figure 5: Australia: SFOs – By Sector
Figure 6: Australia: SFOs – Sector Comparison
Figure 7: Australia: SFOs – Retail and Fashion vs. Real Estate
Figure 8: Australia: SFOs – Basic Materials and Manufacturing vs. the Services Sector
Cardiac Pacemakers Market - Global Industry Size, Share, Trends, Analysis And Forecasts 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
The global market for cardiac pacemakers is forecasted to reach the market value of $5.1 billion at the compounded annual growth rate of 11% during the forecasted period. North America is the largest market for cardiac pace-makers accounting for nearly 40% of the total market share followed by Europe accounting for about 30% of the total market. Asia Pacific, although not largest, but is the fastest growing region with compounded annual growth rate of 13.3%. As the population continues to grow, there is an increase in the number of elderly population. There are...
Carbon Nanotubes (CNTs) Market - Global Industry Analysis, Market Share, Market Size, Growth And Forecast, 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Carbon nanotubes (CNTs) are tube shaped materials, made of carbon, having a diameter close to nanometers. Due to its extraordinary properties and variety of applications, carbon nanotubes have gained the attention of various industries including electronics, nanotechnology, optics, and other structural materials. Based on structures, carbon nanotubes are categorized into single-wall nanotubes, multi-wall nanotubes, and double-wall nanotubes. Based on applications, carbon nanotubes are segmented into electronics and semiconductors, chemicals and polymers, batteries and capacitors,...
Fatty Alcohols Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2012 - 2018
By - Transparency Market Research
Fatty alcohols are oleochemicals which are colorless waxy solids primarily derived from natural fats and oils. In addition, fatty alcohols can be manufactured synthetically from petrochemicals such as olefins and paraffin. Fatty alcohols are mainly used in manufacture of detergents and surfactants. Moreover, they are used in various other applications such personal care products, textiles and leather, agriculture, polymer processing and printing. Fatty alcohols perform various functions such as solubilizing, floatation, lubricant, emulsifier and superfatting. Escalating demand...
We will be happy to help you find what you need.
Please call us or write us:
Please call us or write us:
866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Select License type:
Alternative Payment Method
- Global and China Home Theater Projectors Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Home Theatre System Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Double Eighty Alkyl Tertiary Amine Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Karaoke Player Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Other Home Audio & Video Equipment Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Pagers Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Radio & TV Accessories Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Speaker Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Double Alkyl Methyl Tertiary Amine Fat Industry 2014 Market Research Report
- Global and China Mobile Phones Industry 2014 Market Research Report
Solar Power Generation Reaches Record High in the U.S. in 2013
Mar 6, 2014
Solar power accounted for an even larger share in the total volume of electricity generated in the United Sates in 2013. According to a latest report published by the Solar Energy Industries Association along with GTM Research suggests that this form of energy is increasingly becoming a part of the main stream U.S. power grid. So, it is not surprising that the production of solar...
Reynolds focus on Lorillard tobacco bid
Mar 5, 2014
U.S. tobacco giant - Reynolds American has stated a bid for its biggest rival Lorillard in the market. This bid has set quakes on the global tobacco market that is already being remodeled by declining smoking rates and growth of electronic cigarettes. Lorillard shares closed at 9.3 percent at $53.61 early Monday, giving a market value of $19.6bn. Reynolds bid could not be fairly...
Ecommerce to be New Growth Driver in Chinese Economy
Mar 4, 2014
Chinese ecommerce companies are set to make it big in the coming years with the market for ecommerce in China likely to grow to a whopping value of USD 8.17 trillion by 2020. This is what the vice-president of Alibaba estimates. China has largely been an export oriented society and it is online retail that is currently enabling the country to make a shift from this status. The...
Protect fruits from QFF flies
Mar 3, 2014
Queensland Fruit fly (QFF) is considered to be one of Australia’s intensely serious insect pests affecting the horticultural industry in the Central Tablelands and beyond. The Central Tablelands Local Land Services are knee-deep into testing a QFF monitoring program associated with the horticulturists in the Orange area. The authorities of this organization are open to...
Australian Companies Post Higher Profits Beating ExpectationsAustralian Companies Post Higher Profits Beating Expectations
Feb 28, 2014
Several large companies in Australia have beaten expectations by posting higher earnings and profits than expected. This is being regarded as one of the most positive reporting sessions since the last couple of years. The reporting session of February wrapped up with over 50% of the listed companies in Australia posting profits or beating expectations of earnings. Though there...