A detailed market research report on the Singapore beer industry. Researched and published by Canadean.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Singapore beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing. What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Beer sales grew in 2011, driven by the country's strong economic growth.What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
With a small population of about 5.2 million people, the beer industry remains heavily reliant on the tourism industry and inflows of foreign migrants. Rising expatriate levels and a robust tourism scene spell optimism for the sector.What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Singapore Beer Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Beer market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors. All data has been researched, brand upwards, by an experienced 'on-the-ground' industry analyst who conducts face-to-face interviews with key producers, leading companies in allied industries, distributors and retailers.Key Features and Benefits
Key Market Issues
- This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Singapore Beer industry. Data includes volumes from 2007 to 2011 plus forecasts for 2012, enabling historical and current trend analysis.
- This report provides readers with in-depth market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount, alcoholic strength, local segmentation, beer type.
- This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2011.
- This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and contains brewer profiles of major brewers
- This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non-refillable, multi-serve vs. single serve. Market valuation data and pricing data, including beer consumption by price segment/distribution channel and selected consumer beer prices are also included.
- There has been a continuing trend towards branded premium beer consumption, which in the past has lead to explosive growth. While this is expected to continue, growth in this area is not expected to be as aggressive as before given that premiumisation has already occurred.
- Microbreweries continue to grow in popularity, with consumers keen to try new varieties and brands of beer. Microbreweries and restaurants rolled into one are also gaining popularity in Singapore.
- This new trend has the potential to catch on, with boutique beers being introduced at hawker centres such as the Chinatown Complex in Chinatown
- The continuous influx of lower income foreign workers in the construction and service industry has created a demand for cheaper beer alternatives from North Asia.
- The focus of the 2011 Beerfest was craft beer, further fuelling interest in this sector
- Premium and craft beers will continue to be the market focus
- The trend of premiumisation continues, but with less aggressive growth
- Beer imports, which include beers for local consumption and beers to be re-exported, grew at over 10% in 2011 and are forecast to grow further in 2012
- In Singapore, a big proportion of beer is consumed on-premise given the high disposable income of locals, expatriates, and the booming tourist industry
- The off-premise channel is dominated by modern retail
Table of Content
Canadean Singapore Beer Market Insights Report 2012
Section 1 Market Context
The Consumer Palate
All Commercial Beverages
Legislation and Taxation
MARKET PARAMETER TABLES
Table - Population Size and Growth, 1983-2014F
Table - Economic Indicators, 2003-2013F
LEGISLATION AND TAXATION TABLES
Table 1.5.1 - Taxation Base
Table 1.5.2 - Historical Excise Rates of Beer
Table 1.5.3 - Legal Controls on Beer
Table 1.5.4 - Tax Burden on Beer @ 5% Abv, 2011
Section 2 Market Background Briefing
MARKET BACKGROUND BRIEFING
Table - Beer Definitions by Type - Standard Price Segmentation
Table - Beer Definitions by Type - Alcoholic Strength
Table - Beer Definitions by Type - Beer Type
Section 3 Market Update
Beer Key Facts
Current and Emerging Trends
Imports and Exports
Top 10 Beer Brands - Volume, 2009-2011
Top 10 International Premium and Superpremium Beer Brands - Volume, 2009-2011
Licensed Brand Owners and Licensees
Private Label/Private Label Producers
New Products Activity
Chart - Leading Brewers/Importer, 2011
Chart - Consumption by Pack Material/Type, 2011
Chart - Distribution by Channel, 2011
Chart - Consumption by Price Segment, 2011
Market Valuation and Pricing
Beer Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012F
DISTRIBUTION AND PRICING TABLES
Table 3.4.1 - Outlet Universe for Beer, Number/% Share, 2007-2011
Table 3.5.1 - Leading Retail Groups for Beer - Number/% Share, 2006-2011
Table 3.5.2 - Leading Retail Groups for Beer - Turnover/% Share, 2008-2011
Table 3.8 - Leading Importers and Distributors, 2011
Table 3.9 - Trade Margin Build-Up Model
Table 3.10.1 - Selected Consumer Beer Prices - Off-Premise, 2010-2012
Table 3.10.2 - Selected Consumer Beer Prices - On-Premise, 2010-2012
Commercial Beverage Consumption Per Capita, Litres, 2001-2012F
Commercial Beverage Consumption Per Capita, % Share, 2001-2012F
Commercial Beverage Consumption Per Capita, Growth, 2001-2011
Commercial Beverage Consumption, Million Litres, 2001-2012F
Alcoholic Beverage Consumption - Litres of Pure Alcohol (LPA) Per Capita, 2001-2012F
Beer Production/Trade/Consumption, 2001-2012F
Beer Production/Trade/Consumption, Growth, 2001-2012F
Consumption of FABs and Cider, 1999-2012F
Beer Foreign Trade by Country (Imports), 2008-2012F
Beer Foreign Trade by Country (Exports), 2008-2012F
Beer Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2010-2012F
Beer Consumption by Local Definition, 2008-2012F
Beer Consumption by Standard Price Segmentation, 2008-2012F
Beer Consumption by Alcoholic Strength, 2008-2012F
Beer Consumption by Type, 2008-2012F
Beer Consumption by Geographic Scope, 2008-2012F
Beer All Trademarks, 2007-2011
Beer Brands by Local Definition, 2007-2011
Beer Brands by Standard Price Segment, 2007-2011
Beer Brands by Alcoholic Strength, 2007-2011
Beer Brands by Type, 2007-2011
Beer Imported Brands by Origin, 2007-2011
Beer Licensed Brands, 2007-2011
Beer Trademark Owners, 2007-2011
Beer Local Operators, 2007-2011
Beer Leading Brewers/Importers, 2007-2011
Beer Consumption by Pack Mix: Refillability/Type/Material/Size, 2008-2012F
Beer Distribution: On-Premise v Off-Premise, 2008-2012F
Section 4 Brewer Profiles
ASIA PACIFIC BREWERIES (SINGAPORE) PTE. LTD
Table- Breweries, Capacity, 000s HL
Table- Asia Pacific Breweries Singapore Full Brand List, ABV%, Pack Type
Table- Asia Pacific Breweries Brand Volumes, 2007-2011
Carlsberg Singapore Pte Ltd
Pump Room Microbrewery and Bistro
Red Dot Brewhouse
Beer Attributes Definitions
Make an enquiry before buying this Report
Please fill the enquiry form below.